two

Nora scoffed

Nora scoffed. "What do you mean 'again?' We've never met, dude."

The man's grin didn't falter. "Maybe you haven't." What the fuck did that mean? He spread his arms out. "Did you miss me?"

The alien cracked his whip and the man caught the tail end. He tugged the whip out of the alien's hand, a scowl on his face. "You could have someone's eye out with that!"

"How dare-" the alien started, but before he could finish his sentence, Nora punched him in the face.

She shook out her hand, smirking. "That's for kidnapping us and calling me primitive." He opened his mouth and she punched him again. "And that's for trying to invade the Earth, asshole."

"Nora," the man admonished. She rolled her eyes and stepped back to stand in line beside Mickey. She was done for now. The man shot the alien a cheeky grin. "Sorry about her, she's a bit of a spitfire. Now you, just wait, I'm busy."

The man strolled over to them, beaming brighter than before. "Mickey, hello! And Harriet Jones MP for Flydale North. Blimey, it's like This Is Your Life." Nora didn't know what 'This Is Your Life' was, but she was glad to know she was in the presence of the fucking Prime Minister - that would've been nice to know before she started punching aliens.

"Tea!" the man exclaimed. "That's all I needed, a good cup of tea! Superheated infusion of free radicals and tannin. Just the thing for healing the synapses. Now, first thing's first. Be honest, how do I look?" He turned to Rose and Nora expectantly.

Rose shrugged. "You look different."

"Just different?" the man echoed, looking disappointed. "Am I ginger? I've always wanted to be ginger."

"Not ginger," Nora confirmed. "But not bad. Definitely not bad." She appraised him, her eyes flitting over his tall form, up and down, drinking him in. He was handsome - not her usual type, but he'd do in a pinch. At the thought, a smirk curled her lips. He seemed pleased with her appraisal.

He jabbed his finger at Rose. "And you, Rose Tyler, fat lot of good you were. You gave up on me. Oh, that's rude. That's the sort of man I am now, am I? Rude. Rude and not ginger."

Rose smiled condescendingly. "Sounds like you and Nora have a lot in common." Nora paused and reexamined the blonde. Was she...teasing her? No one really teased Nora, and if they did, they stopped after one withering gaze. 

"I'm sorry, who is this?" Harriet Jones butted in, brow furrowed.

"I'm the doctor," the man said. Ah, so he was the doctor they all kept talking about.

"He's the doctor," Rose affirmed.

Harriet frowned. "But what happened to my doctor? Or is it just a title that's passed on?" Oh, so the doctor was a title. So it was the Doctor. Maybe it was a codename or something.