four

She inspected the console while she waited for the Doctor

She inspected the console while she waited for the Doctor. She heard the door close, and then, "I was not looking at your, uh, your..."

"Say tits like a man," Nora teased. She looked at him over her shoulder. "Go ahead, ask."

"Who are you?" he asked. "What are you?

She had the answer prepared. "I'm not sure, to be honest. I...I know things before they happen. Like a prophet. My parents were human, but my skin is tougher than a human's skin should be. I'm stronger and faster than humans. My senses drew me to you. I think if I travel with you, I'll find the answers I'm looking for."

I'm slightly uncomfortable with how good you are at lying.

He pulled something from his inside pocket. "Let me scan you. I might be able to tell you what you are right now." Nora bit her lip.

Don't worry, his sonic screwdriver won't work on us.

"Please, I need answers," Nora begged. The Doctor scanned her with - what had they called it? - his sonic screwdriver. The small screen glitched out. He frowned deeply and Nora pretended to be disappointed. He seized her shoulders and looked deep into her eyes.

"I promise you, Nora, I will help you find the answers you are looking for," the Doctor swore. Nora felt slightly shitty for lying. He so sincerely wanted to help her. And she did genuinely need his help, so she wasn't being 100% misleading. 

"Thank you," she said softly. He pulled her into a hug. Nora usually wasn't one for hugs. She supposed it had something to do with her dad. She decided, however, that she didn't mind being hugged by the Doctor. He was warm and his clothes were soft. He smelled like nice cologne.

She broke the embrace and cleared her throat. "Uh, I'm gonna head back to my hotel room for the night. I figure we'll embark in the morning since Rose is just the teensy bit wasted." He bid her goodnight and she headed to her car. When she finally arrived back at her hotel room, she stripped off her clothes, collapsed onto her bed, and immediately fell asleep.

A flash of light. T. Every bone in her body being reforged. R. Fire in her lungs. I. Her muscles aching-

She sat up, gasping. She checked the alarm clock on her bedside table. It was five in the morning. A groan escaped her as she got out of bed. There was no point in trying to fall back asleep. She used this chance to get her things together. She hadn't really unpacked, but she had a bad habit of throwing her clothes all over the place after taking them off. Check-out was at 8 at the earliest, so once she finished getting everything together, she had about two hours and a half to fuck around. 

She was going to spend the two and a half hours napping, but the universe had other plans. Just as she laid down on the hotel bed, her phone rang. She didn't bother checking who was calling. She just pressed the phone to her ear and answered with a, "What do you want?"