What would happen if?

Damian had always wondered what it would happen if he died, would any of them even care, surely Grayson would.

Well, he got his chance to see.

It was a normal night, jumping from building to building not knowing what would happen he kept swinging until a flash of white caught his eye it was a woman as pale as snow she said nothing as time seemed to freeze around them.

"Do you want to see it?" Damian, in his full Robin suit, studied the almost see though lady that stood next to him.

He didn't know how to answer that question.

"Would you like to see what would happen if you were to die right now?" she questioned further.

Did he really want to see this? "Would I actually be dead?"

"Only at the end if that is how you wish to stay."

He clicked his tongue "Then show me." With that demand, the woman pulled a beautiful silver knife from out of her belt and proceeded to plunge it through Damian's heart. He felt cold then nothing as he watched himself become two, one translucent form like the women and one that fell vastly and started to bleed out onto the ground, the knife still sticking out of him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ROBIN" he watched as Batman swang down from the top of the apartment building to land beside his lifeless body.

"God no, oh please no" his father's voice sounded like it was going to shatter. He watched him gather up his cold body into his arms and hold him close to his chest and just started repeating "Please no" Bruce knew he could be reckless but he never wanted this.

Only after a good half an hour did his father began to move he watched him take his body back to the batcave. Grayson and Drake were ready stood waiting for him, Dick was already in tears, which only intensified once he saw his body as Batman placed the body on a medical bench.

To Damian's utter surprise Drake was crying so hard he was uncontrollably shaking.

"W...ho did this?"

"I don't know Timmy, but I'll find them"

This wasn't real right? So why did he feel so guilty?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly the scene changed, it was now his funeral. Both Dick and Drake were balling, his father looked darker than ever. He didn't want to see this.

Even Todd made an appearance, well sort of, he stood in the shade out of site where only an unseeable Damian could get close enough to hear him swear to drive a dagger through his killer's heart.

Damian never realized that he cared at all, he never really showed it. From the many people stood there his family were the last to leave as he watched his father trace his finger over his name, delicately engraved into the stone.

"I love you, Damian, I don't think I ever told you that" He hadn't, he wondered if his father would actually say that to his face, either way, it was nice to hear the words from his lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The scene flickered to the manor. He was now standing outside his bedroom door, walking into his room, only to walk straight through it to find it everything exactly the same.

"Would you like me to pack his things up" he turned to find Alfred standing with his father just outside his door.

"No"

"Master Bruce it's been a year, maybe it's time to let go"

"Please Alfred don't take what I have left of him away, please don't ask me to let go of my baby"

"I won't"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many scenes flashed before his eyes. His family often visited his grave but his name was spoken a little more often as time went by. He was glad as time was healing their wounds even if this wasn't entirely real.

He sat by and watched his brothers grow, he even got to see Tim and Dick get married he never thought he would want to. The last scene got to him, he nearly broke down after watching it.

"Grandpa Tim. Grandpa Tim, whos's this in the photo with you?" Damian watched as a cute little girl ran across the room with a picture frame held tightly in her grip.

"Well, that's my darling is Damian."

"Damian. But that's my uncle's name" The little seemed confused, but it seemed to bring a chuckle from Tim.

"Yes, I named your uncle after my little brother. You see his passed when he was still young. So he never got the chance to live life. I loved him so much that I chose to name my son after him, so no one would ever forget him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As quickly as it started it ended, Damian felt numb.

"Do you still think your nothing to them?" Damian found himself back at where it all began, staring up at the woman drowned in white.

"No"

"Do you still want to die?"

"No, I don't"

"Then this is goodbye" With that, she vanished into thin air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He woke up with his father stood next to him

"Robin lets head home" Damian sighed to himself, for the first time he really did want to go home.

"Yeah home" A small smile graced his lips as he passed his father to head to the batmobile, leaving Batman to wonder what he was smiling about.