Panic room

"Welcome to the"

Damian never felt welcome like an empty shadow that got pushed away, but that's okay, he can handle it.

"Hell raising"

He knew deep down that something would trigger his downfall, he tried to talk to Grayson but he gave up after the 5th try.

"I'm ready for the worst"

He's been through so much so he had to be ready for anything, nothing could possibly be worse than falling right?

"So frighteningFace whitening"

They never saw his reaction, he made sure of it, he couldn't handle anything else, he wouldn't be able to handle losing them.

"Fear that you can't reverse."

What he's faced in the past he can't erase, the deafening screams of lost souls haunt him, he can't shake the feeling of being watched.

"My phone has no signal, it's making my skin crawl"

They didn't see the signs he made sure of that, now he regrets covering there eyes because now the monsters won't let go. He doesn't answer the phone anymore.

"The silence is so loud."

He misses what he can't have, what he wouldn't give for Todd's rampages or Dick's terrible jokes, he's losing the fight.

"The lights spark and flicker with monsters much bigger than I can control now."

At first, he thought he could beat them, he's Damian Wayne, of course, he could fight a few monsters, right?

"WELCOME TO THE PANIC ROOM."

He would do anything to get out, screaming for the chains to break.

"Where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you, come for you."

He faked it all, of course, a little boy has fears, they claw you down and now he can't get back up.

"You'll know I wasn't joking when you see them too, see them too."

They will only know the truth once they see it, gaze at the darkness within, he didn't want that, he didn't want to hurt them anymore.

"Hands shaking, Maybe the coast will clear."

Everything was getting better, he was getting better until the joker happened.

"These strange noisesThey followed me in here"

Now he's never alone, always followed, it's always so loud yet they can't hear it.

"There's no crying wolves now."

They only cried when they found out the truth, saying they could have prevented it, Damian knew they couldn't, now he watches them fall, just like he did.

But for some reason, he doesn't wish to prevent it.

"'Cause the truth has settled in."

Burry the lies deep in your bones Damian, let the cold settle in.

"For your nightmare to begin."

Because the game has ended for Damian, as he's lowed into the ground, yet the remaining batfamily still need to move there game pieces.

What else do you expect? sometimes a joke just does a little too far.

"So why are you so serious?"