Mothers day

Damian hates mothers day, maybe it's from his upbringing or the fact that he knows that his own mother will never truly love him. So every year he does not celebrate it and simply treats it like another normal day, sometimes he even refrains from leaving the house just so he's not reminded what day it is.

No one in the manor brings it up as they tend to keep to themselves, it's one of the only days where no fights will break out between them as they all deal with it in there own ways, but most do continue the day as normal but it will be quieter from morning to night as its there day to grieve. 

It's one of the many reasons why Damian feels so off about mothers day as the rest of his brothers and even his father's mothers are dead but not his, even though she clearly resents him and gave him away to his father, it doesn't shes not his mother. It could be because of this that on this particular day his bothers seem to resent him a little and even ignore him the entire day, because his mother is still alive, unlike there's and he hates it.

Therefore he avoids them because deep down he does love them and he doesn't want to cause them any more pain, but while he does this they can't see his struggle they can't and won't see his pained expression and sudden flinch when his mother is brought up.

The only person who has ever realized how much Damian was hurting is surprisingly Todd when he first noticed he didn't take it to mind its not his job to watch the demon spawn, but as he watched him roam around the manner seemingly forgotten. He suddenly saw himself, a sad child wanting to be seen, to be loved, and deep down Jason knew he needed to do something. 

So when the clock chimed twelve at night, he walked up to Damian's room he had a plan to put into action. As he reached the door he knocked quietly.

"Hey Damian, can I come in?" 

There was no answer but a slight sigh behind the door, so Jason let himself in as Damian looked up and met his gaze.

"What do you want Todd?" It was clear that he wasn't in a good mood.

"Wanna sneak into the batcave and go on a joyride in the batmobile?" 

Damian looked shocked for a few seconds, but a sly smile made its way onto his face.

"Sure, just don't tell father"

This became a tradition for the both of them, as neither has to spend the day alone. They never speak about it but they both know that it makes an awful day much better.

Even though they don't know that Bruce has worked out their tradition but he pretends not to notice the sudden disappearance as he knows how hard this day is for them.