Chapter 2- Walk to Work

(A/N: You and Loki need a serious talk about wearing clothes that will actually fit you.
On another note, I made you this pretty colored picture because I'm sorry for not updating last week. I was camping. So, have a cool birthday present from me to you!! 💖💖)

(Word Count: 1788)

I nuzzled my face into a fluffy surface as I sniffed. I paused and then sniffed again for the sweet smell of whatever it was I was sniffing. I pulled my knees up beneath my stomach as I shoved my face into the fluffiness with my tail stretching into the air of the morning light that peeked through the window threatening to blind me.

With a large intake of air, I sat up on my knees and observed my surroundings. I was in bed, of course, but I was on Loki's side of the bed. It was usual for us to snuggle, but it was on an unusual day when I would find myself in his place. In fact, he wasn't even in the room!

My ears perked up and I used my senses to try and find him faster. But that was when my nose caught the scent of freshly made breakfast. He was in the kitchen...

I climbed out of bed and immediately went to the kitchen, only to find him cooking bacon which made my mouth water at the smell. But I was too hungry to wait for him to finish cooking.

On the counter in front of me, I noticed a bundle of fresh bananas. That would surely do for a good breakfast start. I climbed up on top of the counter and perched there behind Loki as I began to eat one of the ripe fruits.

He walked across the kitchen to get a plate from the cabinet and I put down half of my banana as I followed from the countertop. With how quiet I was, I wasn't surprised that he hadn't noticed my stealthy presence yet. I then prepared to pounce like a predator on its prey. Baring my teeth, I lunged forward onto Loki's back.

I wasn't sure what had happened in the next moment. Surely it was a reflex, some kind of self-defense. He didn't mean it...

I found myself laying on the floor of the kitchen, curled away from Loki with tears in my eyes as I held my burning cheek. He actually hit me... But there was no way... No way did he possibly mean to do that...

"(Y/n)..." At the mere sound of my name from his lips, I winced, expecting an earful from him about how I should better behave myself. "(Y/n), please look at me," He knelt in front of me, but I couldn't quite bring myself to look at his tall figure. "I swear I didn't mean to hit you. Kitten-"

"I know..." I squeaked out anxiously as I shut my eyes tightly, "I- I'm sorry, Loki- Majesty- Sir... I shouldn't have jumped on you. I deserved to be hit."

"No," His sudden growl made me flinch, but his soft caresses made me relax slightly. He didn't make any sudden moves to grab me or frighten me, and for that I was thankful. He then continued speaking in a softer voice, "No one should hit you. In fact, if anyone hits you, it will be the last thing they ever do." He softly took my hand, watching my reaction carefully as I played with his nimble fingers. "This body deserves to be loved... I would be quite upset to see you hurt."

My cheeks were red from embarrassment from the situation as he pet my ears that were pressed firmly against my head. "I know..." It was a quiet and short response, but I wasn't really sure what to say to him at that point. Sure I deserved to be hit. After all, he was busy and I disturbed him.

His long fingers squished my cheeks as he made me look at him. "I promise I didn't mean to harm you. Here, I've made a big breakfast for my preying lion this morning. You do have more tests to run through today, from what I've heard."

I nodded my head as best as I could in his hold. Helping me from the floor, I immediately went sit obediently at the table where I waited for Loki with the food. I was sure he had enough of my antics today, so I made quite the effort to behave myself.