Chapter 7- Caged

(A/n: This is my favorite so far... I mean, I stayed up a whole night to finish that picture and posted first thing at 1:30 on Friday morning so, I'm excited. I just hope I didn't forget anything... XD I'll be honest, this is the LONGEST chapter you're going to see in this story. I crammed a lot for development purposes... But thanks for the plot suggestions!! 💖 Love you! Stay safe from Yandere Loki's knocking on your door!)

(Word Count: 4247)

I was surprised to wake up and myself alone in the bed. After all, Loki forced me to go to bed with him, claiming that I needed rest after all the alcohol that was in my system. But all he really did was get more touchy than usual, much to my displeasure. Thankfully, he didn't take it too far with me and only held me tightly through the night.

After quickly brushing my hair down and slipping my boots on, I poked my head out of our bedroom door. The clinking of kitchen utensils, the smell of breakfast, and the sight of no Loki around told me everything I needed to know. Just the thought of him gave me anxiety. I needed air... I needed to go outside.

I grabbed my jacket and quickly threw it on before I opened the door to the room and walked down the hall. I knew I snuck up on him with my stealth before so that was what I'd use to get out. It only took one glance at Loki's back to make me take off running out the front door. But I froze halfway there as Loki suddenly turned around. I held my breath and refrained from making any noise of fear. He was staring right at me, in fact, we made eye contact, but he said nothing and made no sudden movements. He just stood there staring at me. His eyebrows then furrowed together and I thought I was certainly going to get an ear full.

I was surprised, however, when he suddenly turned around and went back to making breakfast. Did he not... see me? Glancing down at myself I realized that I could see through my arms. I was... INVISIBLE?! In my panic, the invisibility went haywire. It was like my body was glitching all over before finally leaving me visible. I took my chance and ran out the door, doing my best to close it silently. I took in shallow breaths as I struggled to take in the cool air. I leaned against the door before going out to our small yard and sitting there. My tail wrapped around my legs as I sat there curled up, lost in thought on my new powers. It felt less suffocating outside. There was no overbearing Loki. There were no rules.

But I flinched as I heard something crash in the house. My powers glitched again. There was a shout and I looked up. I could see Loki pacing through the window in our room. But he paused and slowly turned to look at me. We made eye contact. This time I knew he saw me.

My heart beat too fast as he disappeared from the window. He was going to come. What would he do when he had me? Would he hit me? No, probably not. But he would punish me somehow! I was filled with too much dread to stay still. I ran and jumped into a high tree that went over our fence. Though, my jump was almost like... flying- swimming in air. I dove through the branches, latching onto one of the higher branches and holding on for dear life.

It was something I never really thought much of. It was my 'fight or flight' instinct. This wasn't the first occurrence. There have been lots of situation where I knew I couldn't fight and ended up literally flying out of the situation. It happened with Hydra many times. Now... It was Loki who terrified me.

It was sad... When did I really become so afraid of Loki that I would resort to running and hiding from him?

"(Y/n)," I flinched when he said my name. My powers glitched again. I was left invisible in the tree. He was standing just below the tree and I gripped the branch tighter. Maybe he didn't know if I was in the tree or not. After all, he couldn't see me. "Come down here."