Chapter 6- Out of Control

(A/N: Well, I've had a busy weekend but I REALLY wanted to update so on Friday we can get to the good stuff! 😁 So, no drawing today. But I'll work super hard for a good chapter on Friday! 💖)

(Word Count: 1761)

I wasn't sure how it happened that I was in my bed. The last thing I remembered was sitting in a bar with Agent Dawn. I rubbed my aching head. God... why did I feel like Thor slammed me with his hammer?

Holding my breath, I quickly jumped out of bed and ran for the bathroom. I almost didn't make it to the toilet as the liquid and food from last night was already coming up. There was no doubt I looked as bad as I felt.

But as I vomited, I felt hands pull my hair back. I almost smiled, if not for my situation, thinking that it was Lani. But as I coughed up whatever was left in my mouth a stoic voice scoffed and commented, "Disgusting. I leave for a week to find you in this pathetic shape with our house a wreck." I quickly turned to look at Loki, and he took that as an 'I'm-fine-you-can-let-go'.

"Lo..." But even looking up at him in the bright light of the morning made me close my eyes with small whimpers of pain as I covered my face.

Loki sighed in annoyance as he grumbled something about Lani being dead. He picked me up quite easily from the floor as he took me out of the bathroom and back to bed. He rubbed his cool fingers against my forehead as he mumbled, "At least all of your disgusting vomiting got rid of a good amount of the toxins."

"I- I'm sorry, Lo," I apologized quietly as I felt the headache slowly ebbing away, no doubt with his magic.

But his narrowed eyes and tight eyebrows, made me fear for the worst. After a moment of waiting, he finally snapped, "Damn right, you should be! I was told all would be fine. I come back to find you ill with a hangover and the entire house a mess. Do you have any idea how infuriated that makes me?!"

"I'm really sorry, sir..." I was sure he already made Thor and Lani leave so it was just me to explain to him the situation. "I... Lani was just trying to help. I was sad... I missed you and she wanted me to be happy..." He was super angry and he only just got back. But I wasn't... no, I wasn't going to cry... Damn it... Why were my cheeks wet? Why was I crying? I said I wasn't going to...

I only heard Loki walk out of the room as I covered my face pathetically. But a moment later he returned and fussed, "Stop crying. You'll only further dehydrate yourself. Now come here and brush your teeth." Without waiting for me to respond, he tilted my jaw at a certain angle as he opened my mouth and began to brush himself. His movements were quite rough, but it wasn't like I could blame him for being so angry. "You know very well that your body has a low tolerance to toxins due to what you are." He pulled back as soon as he was finished and pointed to the bathroom. "Go rinse and come right back here."

I was slow to leave the bed, but I didn't hesitate in doing exactly as he told me. As soon as I came back out, he thrust a full cup of water into my hands. "What..."

"You won't go anywhere or do anything until I see you drink that whole glass of water."

"I'm..." I hesitated to continue. But then again, I really wasn't thirsty. It's not like he could make me drink the whole thing. "I'm not thirsty." I held it back to him. Thought that seemed like a wrong thing to do. His eyes were always so possessive, but this just looked too dark to be my Loki. My ears flattened as he stepped closer to me.

Before I had time to pull away, he was on top of me with the glass in his hand. His other hand gripped the back of my neck with a bruising hold as he tilted my head enough to force me to drink. Only, I realized this too late and was already choking and sputtering on the water that was invading my airways. He pulled the glass away for a moment. "Drink it, don't choke on it."