Chapter 10- Nothing But Mine

(Word Count: 2587)

(A/n: I should caution you... like A LOT. Some serious lemon in here. Mmph. I was asked at the beginning of this book and so here we go. With only one more super long chapter to go...)

Two days had passed. That was how long Loki he said it would take for me to heal from my freeze wounds. He wasn't wrong, in any case. I was feeling better the moment I woke up. My bones weren't aching and I could stretch my muscles with no pain at all.

But then... I was still terrified. I had no idea what Loki was planning on doing to me for what had happened... I bit him. I actually bit him and drew blood from his hand immediately before trying to run away from him for the third time in a week. But maybe I would get lucky and he forgot about his threat of punishment. Yeah. My ears perked up a bit at this new hope.

Calming my nerves, I crawled out of bed, flattening my bed hair as I made my way to the kitchen. I didn't want to appear apprehensive, determined to not jog his memory. I walked into the kitchen as casually as possible, finding Loki staring at whatever was in the oven. I greeted him quietly as I sat at the table, "Morning, Loki." Not receiving a response from him, I asked, "What are you doing?"

"You haven't forgotten, have you?" His dark voice sent shivers down my spine. The only thought running through my head was that he remembered. But my fears were instantly quelled when he added, "I told you we were having biscuits this morning. The stupid thing doesn't want to work faster. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

I let out a quiet sigh as I replied, "Well... I don't think you can rush technology, Lo." He sent me a glare and I sent him a small smile in return. The anger just wasn't in his eyes and I was truly grateful for that. "How long ago did you put them in?"

"Long enough," He growled in frustration as he simply settled with sitting across from me, much to my awkwardness. But he didn't bring up any harsh topic as he simply asked, "I take it you're feeling better?" I gave a slight nod, refusing to verbally answer. I didn't trust my voice at the moment. My heart raced as he leaned his elbows on the table. "Do you recall what I said we were going to do once you were feeling better?"

My ears twitched and I did my best to keep them as still as possible as I smiled and guessed, "It wouldn't happen to be catching up on missed cuddling, would it?"

"Tch, don't be so daft!" His loud proclamation only served to make me flinch in fright as I ducked my head. But his voice softened as though nothing had even happened, "If you wanted to cuddle you could have asked to do so the whole time you were recovering. After all, it wasn't like you were moving around much." Before I even had a chance to question him, he continued in his loud voice, "I had said that I was going to-"

My head suddenly snapped up as I shot out of my chair with a shout, "Burning!" Loki was out of his chair as quickly as I was and immediately dealt with the burning biscuits from the oven. It left a bad odor in the kitchen, but there was nothing that could help my nose now. Seeing that the situation was handled, I sat back in my chair with my chin resting on the table.

Loki huffed in annoyance with how breakfast turned out before he sat back in front of me with a tired expression. "We've been here for merely days and I'm already growing weary of this."

"Um... of what?" Maybe we could soon go home if he was so irritated with this place... Hopefully.

"Nothing, kitten." He let out a sigh as he sat up straight and smiled at me as though forgetting his previous problem. "Come here for me." Hesitantly, I got out of my chair. Though, when I got close enough, he grabbed my wrist and I awkwardly found myself on Loki's lap with my back pressed against his chest and my legs on either side of his lap. "You're just so soft." One hand was passing over my hair and ears in a gentle caress, his other hand was trailing over my stomach in the most comforting way. "Relax, kitten. Give me a little purr." He pressed his face into my neck, taking small whiffs of my hair as he cuddled me.