Chapter 11: Kittunns

(Word Count: 5635)

(A/N: Final chapter! 💖 Hope you enjoy!)

Loki, my best friend, coming back to his senses? Never in my wildest dreams. If anything, he became more controlling. It turned out I was extremely fertile... It also turned out Loki got me pregnant just after the one time.

He was excited, happy, thrilled. Me? Less so. If we lived back in New York and had an actual loving relationship where he let me live a life, maybe I'd be happy. But here? I had nothing to offer whatever little life I was going to bring into the world.

Loki, however, wasn't really good to rely on either. He put many spells on the house to make sure we remained safe. But he left. Sometimes he would leave for days, sometimes it was weeks. But he always came back. Sometimes he would bring a lot, sometimes he would bring almost nothing. But he never told me where he left to.

He did this up until childbirth. We were both surprised to find I gave birth to three triplet kittens. Not just... any kittens though. They were blue and shared both Loki's eyes and my eyes. They were mixed breeds of sorts... As strange as it was, I raised them well and they were so adorable. They were my Jotun-Kittens and they were the only joy that Loki had ever allowed me to have in a long time. I called them my Kittunns.

Though Loki was gone a lot, leaving me to all the hard work, it was certainly fun. I felt more like a big sister than a mom, but I raised these three nearly all on my own. Luke, Levi, and Lance. I smiled to myself, knocking on the door to their room. There was no answer. "Hey, wake up or I'm going to feed your food to the wolves!"

Luke nearly jumped out of bed at that. "Mom, you can't do that!"

I smiled as he managed to wake up his brothers by scrambling over them to rush out of the room. Levi grumbled as he was next to go, followed by Lance who was holding on to Levi's sleeve. I loved the three so dearly.

"DAD'S HOME!"

My eyes widened. He was really back? I rushed down the stairs to be greeted with Loki appealing to his children's excitement. "Loki..."

He looked up. It had been three weeks since he left... I looked down. He then ushered the kids off to the kitchen before pulling me into his arms. "I missed you. I'm glad you're doing well, kitten. Our children are... beautiful."

I frowned at his hesitation. I knew he didn't like that they were part Jotun. He hated the fact. "They are just as beautiful as you, of course. They are your kids... I'm not surprised." Loki smiled. He loved to hear about himself. "How long are you staying this time?"

He looked down at me before looking out of the window. "Only a few hours. I'm needed elsewhere." He raised his hand and a book appeared into it. He held it out to me. "I want the boys to read this. I want them to begin to develop their magic skills."

I almost flushed with anger at that and I snapped, "Oh, with what skills? How exactly did you expect them to learn to read?"

He snapped toward me with a sharp glare. "You mean you haven't taught them to read in all the time you've been here?!"

"With what?!" I quickly shot back, "Your gore books?! They're six, Loki! I have nothing to teach them with! You're unthoughtful, uncaring! Why the hell are you in this house?!"

Loki pursed his lips and stared at me for a moment before turning away and pacing to the window where he leaned against the wall. He glared out of the window for a few minutes. I watched him carefully. He suddenly turned around, throwing the book to the table beside me, making a loud thud. "Teach them that, kitten. I'll return in a week. If they haven't learned anything by the time I return... You will receive punishment."