Firetruck

Makena's POV

I hear Young-soo cursing and then the smoke alarms go off.

Young-soo comes running in with Kylo and our shoes. My heart was beating out of my chest.

"What's going on?! Why do I smell smoke?!"

He grabs my wrist and pulls me towards our closet. He hands me Kylo and the shoes. Then throws clothes off the rack and there was a door.

"What the fuck is that?! Young-soo what is going on?" I question

The sound of another window breaking causes Kylo to start crying again.

"Take Kylo and at the end of the stairs there is a steel door, lock it behind you." He says and turns the lights on

"What?! No, are you crazy? Where are you going?" I question

"Makena, we don't have time for this!" He states

"Is the house on fire?!" I ask

"Yes. Now hurry up and go." He says and gives me Kylo.

"The house is on fire?!"

"The room down there has its on ventilation system-"

"I'm not worried about a damn ventilation system! You may be a part time doctor and shit but you are NOT a firefighter!" I say

He sighs then forcefully pushes me into the secret closet and shuts the door, locking it.

"YOUNG-SOO! WHAT THE FUCK!"

"I love you." He says through the door and I hear his footsteps receding from the door.

I turn around and begin walking down the steps as I rub Kylo's back.

"It's okay, baby. Everything is going to be okay." I whisper trying to reassure him and myself.

I get to the steel door and open it. I feel around the wall for a light and finally find it.

It was a well designed basement. It had a kitchen, king size bed, tv, a couch and of course a section of the wall was lined with a few guns. I quickly close the door and lock it just as Young-soo instructed me too.

I wanted to cry, our house was on fire...right above us. Who the hell would want to set our house on fire?! I go and sit on the bed, far away from the door.

"Appa?" Kylo asks

"He will be here soon, He is putting out the fire." I say and kiss his forehead

"무서워~" He whines
(I'm scared)

"It's going to be okay, baby. You are strong like Appa." I say and smile

I really hope he doesn't remember any of this when he gets older.

"You hungry?" I ask and he nods

I carry him to the kitchen and look in the cupboards. They were fully stocked...even the fridge.

Young-soo never told me about this secret basement that was in the closet the whole time!