The Acception

"Mal hey." Ben said again as he kept waving his hand over her face.

"What?" She snapped out and looked up at Ben.

"I asked if you would be my date to the ball that my parents are hosting?" Ben asked again.

"Oh. You didn't already have a date? What about your girlfriend?" Mal was asking.

"Well. I didn't ask her because I figured we would just being going together, but apparently I was suppose to ask her. Or she's just go with my best friend." Ben explained.

"Then ask her." Mal told him. "And he seems like a really bad friend if he takes her. And she seems like a bad girlfriend for saying she's gonna go with him." 

Ben smiled at her. "Thanks, but that's why I'm asking you because of her." Ben replied.

"Geez Ben. You want to do that to her?" Mal questioned smirking at him.

"If she wants to go to the ball with my best friend, then let her. I can go with someone better." Ben complemented.

"Is that supposed to be a complement?" Mal asked giving Ben a look making him think she's serious.

"Uh..." He froze getting nervous. "Yes...?" 

"You're asking? Ben I wasn't being serious." Mal stated trying not to laugh.

"Oh. But yeah will you go with me?" Ben replied and asked once again.

"I guess so, but I don't have anything to wear." Mal told him.

"It's okay I'll come back tomorrow and pick you up and we'll get you something to wear before we go." Ben promised. "I promise."

"You really like making promises don't you?" Mal asked before Ben could leave.

"What?" Ben asked turning around. "Well that's how you know I'm serious." 

"Really? You were serious all those years ago?" Mal started getting serious.

"Mal are you mad?" Ben started getting worried.

"What makes you say that?" Mal said in a sweet voice.

"Mal. Look I'm sorry about all those years ago, but this time I'm serious." Ben grabbed her hands. "I will be back. I promise and I mean it this time." Ben let go of her hand and walked away. 

He got back into the limo and drove back to Auradon.

"What was that all about?" Evie walked up from behind Mal.

"He asked me to go to the royal ball with him." Mal answered. "In Auradon."

"And what did you say!" Evie started jumping up and down in excitement.

"I told him I would go, but that I didn't have a dress or anything to wear." Mal started. "Then he said that he would pick me up tomorrow before and take me to get something to wear."

"Really? Mal this is so big!" Evie hugged Mal tight. 

"I know. Hey! Here's an idea. Why don't I ask Ben if you can come with us." Mal suggested.

"You would do that?! I've always wanted to go to a royal ball." Evie said excitedly.

"Then I'll ask Ben when he comes back tomorrow." Mal winked and gave Evie a thumbs up.

(In Auradon)

"How could you just skip school like that? You didn't even tell anyone either!" Belle was saying to Ben as her and Adam stood in front of him.

"Look I'm sorry, but there's something I need to ask you guys?" Ben replied.

"What is it son?" Adam asked.

"There's this girl. And I was hoping maybe it would be okay if I brought her to the ball." Ben started with his question.

"What about Audrey though?" Belle questioned her son.

"The truth I don't think we're good for each other. Plus I think her and Chad like each other." Ben explained.

"Okay. Well if you want to invite this girl. Where is she from? Do we know her parents?" Adam was asking.

"Well first her name is Mal. She's from the.... isle. And her mom is Maleficent." Ben finished and took a deep breath.

"Maleficent?! When on earth did you have time to meet this girl? You've only been once when you had to meet with people." Adam told him.

"I know. I know Dad, but hear me out." Ben stated. "She deserves a better life and we really got along."

"Ben you know how much we support everything you do, but this? This is too far." Belle stated while fixing Ben's collar.'

"Come on don't you think kids on the isle deserve a chance?" Ben waited for his parents to answer. 

Adam and Belle shared a look, then Adam answered. "Okay I guess she deserves a better life." 

"Thank you." Ben hugged both his parents.

The next day Ben was putting books in his locker, then Audrey shut his locker. 

"Hey I heard you ditched school yesterday. Ben that's not like you. Is everything okay?" Audrey said.

"Yeah it's nothing." Ben started walking the other way.

"Bennyboo talk to me." Audrey stopped him by standing in front of him. "I'm here to listen." 

"You still want to go to the ball with Chad? Because you can I'm going with someone else." Ben tried passing Audrey, but she stopped him again.

"Ben what are talking about? I want to go with you. Who are you going with though?" Audrey replied.

"First of all if you wanted to go with me you wouldn't make me ask you because we would already know we're going together." Ben began answering.

"Yeah, but I wanted it to be different. And who are you going with? What Auradon bi..." Audrey stopped, then looked over at a girl blushing while looking at Ben. "Is it her?" She pointed to her.

Ben turned to the girl and she waved at him and he waved back. "No. She doesn't go here." Ben again tried walking past Audrey.

"The who is she? Where does she go?" Audrey asked again.

"Her name is Mal. And she's from the..." Ben started before Audrey interrupted him.

"Please don't say the isle." Audrey begged.

"Why not?" Ben questioned and gave her a look.

"Because I don't want to have a boyfriend who takes an isle girl to the royal ball. Unless it's for like a charity thing." Audrey told him.

"Okay wow. Who said I was your boyfriend anymore though?"Ben asked getting annoyed.

"What?! Since when?!" Audrey started panicking.

"You think I'm taking someone else and still staying with you?" Ben asked.

"Well yeah. Because I thought we were in love. I thought you did love me." Audrey got upset.

"Audrey I'm sorry you thought that, but the truth is. I don't think I'm in love with everyone." Ben told her. "We can still be friends." 

"Yeah. I want that." Audrey agreed and they hugged. "Mal is pretty lucky to have you taking her." 

After they stopped hugging Audrey looked up at him and sighed before walking away. 

Ben turned around and watched her walk away sighing himself. Then turned and he walked the other way