Genuine Or Guileful

Yang's pov

Y/N: Get ready to lick my boots you raging douchebags! Ha ha ha ha ha!

The drones began firing at the bandits as Y/N laughed, for some reason they were also shooting at me so i ran and kicked over a table for cover.

Glancing to my left i saw Weiss in a cage, our eyes met before i reeled back my arm and shot out the lock. She came out and towards me.

Me: What are you doing here!?

Weiss: I could ask you the same thing!

Me: She's my-

A drone shot a hole right next to my head making me jump, i looked to Y/N as he was pretending to shoot people with finger guns although the drones actually shot at people.

Me: Quit shooting at us!

Y/N: Sorry 'bout that. Oh, and i left you one... he's a little on the dumpy side, thought it matched you, a good fit

The drones stopped shooting at us as a small one flew our way, it had a singe red circular light that closed like an eye as it spun around.

Weiss: Who are you talking to?!

Me: Um... no one, Dumpy attack!

It flew at a bandit and shot at him, electrifying him as it made a sound that sounded happy. Dumpy came flying back to me but was hit by a passing bullet.

Me: No, Dumpy!

Reaching over i grabbed it and pulled it towards me before a bandit fell on the spot, blood soaking his shirt. They're bandits... the world would be betyer without them

Me: I'm taking you with me... for some reason.

Peaking my head over the table i saw Mom slash a drone in half, Y/N turned his gaze to her as all the drones pointed towards her.

Y/N: This has been a long time coming, damn child killing bandit...

He held his hand out before clencing it as a cascade of bullets came flying towards her, looking away i heard a scream of pain before a weird "woosh" sound.

I looked over the table to see Mom standing next to... a portal? That must be her semblance! I could only see her by a side view but i grabbed Weiss' wrist.

Bolting towards the portal i turned to mom and glared at her as i saw... she was missing her arm, it had been blasted off.

I took Weiss through the portal as it shut and looked up to see Uncle Qrow, he was confused but i sighed in relief as the portal closed.

Qrow: Yang!? What- how did you get through Raven's portal!?

Me: It's... a long story

Timeskip

After reuniting with Ruby and the others and loosely explaining what happened at Mom's camp, leaving out Y/N and mom getting her arm shot off i made my way into my new room.

Y/N appeared and looked to me with a pleased smirk, i sat on my bed as he "sat" on a chair that didn't exist, looking as if we was sitting on an invisible throne.

Y/N: Ohoho man. Can i just say, blasting those bandit douchebags into tiny little pieces? It's the best part of my day. I'm so happy. Thanks for giving me control of those drones, kiddo. So much fun!

Me: It was kinda fun. Heh. I mean, that one guy you shot made some funny noises, he was like "eeyyyhhh..."

Y/N: Ah! Yeahyeah, I-I remember that guy! He was like "baaarrlrhgh!" You could tell he was, like, thinking of his family or something. So beautiful.

I nodded hesitantly, feeling a bit uncomfortable with how happy he seemed. Clearing my throat i looked up to him.

Me: So... why were those at my mom's camp?

Y/N: I set up some drones among various areas where bandits might set up in Mistral. But let's just put that behind us, huh? It's time to look to the future! We're juat two unstoppable, intelligent people with great hair, eh? You and I are going places, baby

Me: Didn't we already have this conversation, like back at my house?

Y/N: That was before. Now that i've taken you to your sister, who is the spitting image of Summer, i need to know what the next goal is, kiddo

Thinking for a moment i looked down to my arm, the blue glow from before no longer there

Me: I don't really know

Y/N: Well you think about it for a bit. Anyway, your uncle seems to have turned over a new leaf. But once a bandit, always a bandit

Me: Speaking of bandits... what did you mean when you called Raven a child killer?

Y/N:... You heard that, huh? Well to get a sense of scale i'll have to start from the beginning, back when i first joined Beacon and wasn't as Handsome. Back when i was still alive-

There was a knock at the door which made Y/N shut up, getting up i went over to my table and took out Dumpy, looking over him.

Me: Come in

The door opened so i looked up to see Weiss, Y/N pointed to Dumpy and some wires, i looked at them and twirled them together.

Weiss: Who were you talking to back at the camp?

Me: I... had an earpiece although it got destroyed, on the other end was this guy who was controlling the drones

Weiss: Really?

My arm began moving on it's own as it glowed blue in some places, one of my fingers split to reveal a small blow torch.

Me: Yep...

It saudered the wires together before flipping a hatch closed and wielding it shut, my finger went back to normal before it pressed something and i regained control.

Dumpy's eye lit up as he rebooted and flew out my hand, chirping happily and flying in circles before running into a shelf making him let out a few low beeps.

Weiss: Wha... how do you know how to do that?

Me: You think i spent all the time i was away just lazing around?

Weiss: Guess not, i'll call you when dinner's ready

I nodded as she stepped out and closed the door, sighing i looked to Y/N as he clapped with a smirk on his face.

Y/N: Good god kiddo. You're amazing at lying

Me: Thanks... could you tell me about Summer?

Y/N: Well, she was always full of energy but could be very layed back and calming at times. She was a great woman although one day she just disappeared

Me: She never brought you up, nor did dad or Uncle Qrow

Y/N: I figured. If you get the chance to go to Atlas, i need you to do grab for me. Do it for your best pal, please?

Me: ...Okay

(Lemme know what you think)