| 25 |

1991"HELLO, THIS IS BRAIN MAY I WAS CALLING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT FREDDIE PAST AWAY A FEW HOURS AGO, AIDS FINALLY TOOK OVER HIM AND HE LOST HIS BATTLE

1991
"HELLO, THIS IS BRAIN MAY I WAS CALLING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT FREDDIE PAST AWAY A FEW HOURS AGO, AIDS FINALLY TOOK OVER HIM AND HE LOST HIS BATTLE. I know you impacted his life for a bit and the boys and I are thankful. You pulled him out of a tough point in his life. Anyway, feel free to call back so I can give you the information regarding his funeral. Sincerely Brian and the band."

The voicemail echoed through Brendon's head as he listened to it over and over again. It was true, he knew Freddie Mercury and had helped him figure his life out. It had already been a few weeks since he received the voicemail and he already missed the funeral. Brendon couldn't bring himself to call Brain May back.

He found the perfect excuse to sit around and listen to the voicemail so he was taking advantage. Howard and Maria were on their way over with their twenty-one year old son. They lived about twenty minutes away meaning he was able to listen to the thirty second recording at least forty times. If he was calculating it correctly.

"Dad?"

Brendon sat up in his chair looking around. Jamie was looking over him with a sad expression. "What's up little Phoenix?" He asked.

"How long will you be gone?" She asked. Brendon took a sigh and waved her over. She smiled softly and walked over setting her self on her fathers lap.

"I'll be back Monday," Brendon said wrapping his arms around her. "I'll be home for Christmas, don't worry." 

"Promise." She responded holding out her pinky finger. Brendon wrapped his finger around hers and smiled back.

"Promise."

"Dad?" Jamie asked. He hummed in response letting her know she could continue. "Could I have your dog tags?" She went to pick up his dog tags and noticed there were two. "Wait, why do you have two? Who's James. . . Barnes?"

Brendon's heart sank. It's been years since he's heard Bucky's name, he constantly thought about Bucky but no one brought him up in conversation any more. "An old friend. Before he died we switched dog tags, he somehow managed to get mine back to me before he died."

"Oh." She breathed. "C-could I still have yours?"

"Of course, but promise me you'll never lose them." Brendon told the girl taking the tags off. She nodded. He smiled and put the tags around her neck. "Never. Lose. Them."

"Never." She repeated.

"Good." He replied as the sound of the door opening was heard.

"TONY!" The girl cheered jumping off her fathers lap and running to greet the family. Brendon got up and followed her meeting a grumpy looking Howard. He watches as leans down and holds his arms and Jamie ran in. Brendon smiled softly as Tony lifted her up a smile splattered across his face.

"Have fun on your trip Donnie." Tony smiled.

"Thank you Tony, can I talk to you?" Brendon asked. Howard glared at him. "I'll be right there you can take the bags to the car."