| 51 |

"I'M GONNA WIN THIS BEAR

"I'M GONNA WIN THIS BEAR." Bucky demanded. Brendon rolled his eyes and chuckled. Steve frowned, not understanding why Bucky was so desperate to win the bear.

"Why do you need the bear, Buck?" Steve asked. "It's not like you have a Dame back home."

Bucky bit his lip, a smirk rising on his lips. He glanced over at Brendon briefly causing the boy to have butterflies in his stomach. Bucky turned back to Steve and smiled brightly at him. "Her name Dolores, I call her Dot."

Steve quickly brushed it off believing the older boy. But Bucky looked back at Brendon with his charming smile. Brendon was positive Bucky was trying to kill him. His cheeks flushed a tomato red and he looked down scuffling his shoes in the dirt.

It still shocks him that neither had made their move yet. It was obvious to each other that they liked one another. It would be a while for either if them go admit feelings to each other, however. Both of the two were terrified they'd get rejected by friends and family. They are scared they will get put in prison. Maybe a mental hospital? Or worse, killed. Of course, the last two are extreme but they are possibilities.

"I got it!" Bucky cheered. Brendon looked up at the older boy. Bucky reached for the bear and the man tending the booth tiredly gave him the bear. The older boy waved it in front of the two younger boys. Brendon smiled happy to see Bucky happy. "We should get some food before we head back home."

The other two agreed not realizing Bucky had spent most of their money on the game. The rest of it would get spent on the hot dogs with no money for a ride home.

The two teams took long strides towards each other. Brendon couldn't help but frown. Many of the other team were his family. To fight them was hard, but it had to be done. Tony wouldn't listen, he was looking past what needed to be done. Was it right? Maybe not, but Tony hasn't been the best at doing the right thing. None of them had.

Steve started to break into a run. The rest of his team followed running toward the others. The other team started running as well. Tony threw the first punch at Steve, who blocked it easily. Cora and Clint fired arrows at Vision. Rhodey and Sam went into their own feud. T'Challa went right for Bucky. Brendon skidded to a stop looking back at the older man.

Keep going, I'll catch up, Bucky told Brendon.

Reluctantly Brendon turned around. As he turned a burning fist was coming toward him. Brendon caught the punch easily, his own hand aflame.

"You'd really hit your own father?" Brendon jested as he forced her fist away. Anika frowned and tried to heat her hand more. "That won't work." Brendon told her. Brendon's ignited his free hand, he let go of her hand and punched her abdomen. However, his fist never came in contact. The flame of his fist forced her to fly backward away from him.