| 43 |

THE NEXT MORNING THE TWO ACTED AS IF THEY HADN'T JUST SLEPT IN THE SAME BED

THE NEXT MORNING THE TWO ACTED AS IF THEY HADN'T JUST SLEPT IN THE SAME BED. Neither of them have been that close with each other since the forty's. It was pretty odd for them.

Brendon did his usual routine of taking a short, cold shower, eating a small snack, and heading to work. Having a job was never in the plan, but when Sharon Carter got in contact with him she helped him adjust into hiding. She gave him an untraceable phone and a necklace that changed his face. For over a year she's also been sending updates on her aunt, Peggy Carter.

Brendon was grateful, but he wasn't truthful. Sharon has no idea Bucky is with him. Let alone does she know he's in Romania.

Out of all places Bucky chose Romania?

But Brendon wouldn't ever complain to Bucky. Not just because Brendon doesn't want to scare Bucky away, but he doesn't want to lose him again. Little does he know Bucky feels the same.

His thoughts on his walk to work usually consisted of Bucky, what they would have for dinner, and whether or not he wanted to kill his boss or not.

The last one was a joke, he never actually planned on doing it. Has the thought crossed his mind? Possibly. He'd never admit it.

Brendon Stark. A voice echoed in his head.

Brendon froze. He looked around even though he was almost positive the voice came from in his head. But sure enough, Brendon made eye contact with a man around Jamie's age. His hair was a dark brown, much like his. The eyes were much similar, in a sense, they were brown and reminded Brendon of his own. The man itched his chin which had hair from his beard.

"Mr. Stark?" The man called softly, he readjusted the circular glasses on his face. "Or do you go by Richard Anderson here?"

"Who are you?" Brendon called out. The man nodded, this time readjusting his bag on his shoulder.

"My name is Easton," He answered. "I believe Mr. Anderson that you are in danger."

"Why should I believe you, a stranger?" Brendon asked raising an eyebrow. Easton took a step closer and that's when Brendon noticed a large scar going from above Easton's right eyebrow to his chin.

"You remember Dolores Dawson?"

Brandon let out a sigh. It had been a long time since he heard her name. "She died years ago."

"Yes, but did you know she was secretly a HYDRA agent?" Easton asked. Brendon stared blankly at the younger man.

"I had my suspicions, but how would you know?" Brendon asked.

"Because, I was a HYDRA agent. She recruited me, forced me into training."

Brendon didn't respond, how was he supposed to? This man clearly wasn't a HYDRA agent anymore. There was no way, Brendon would've been dead by now.

"I still don't know." Brendon mumbled. Easton sighed.

"I can only tell you that your in danger." Easton told the man.

"Can you tell the future or something? Are you a psychic?"

"I'm as much as a psychic as Shawn Spencer is." Easton chuckled.

"Who?"

"He's from a TV show." The young man shrugged. "Just. Uh, Peggy." Easton waved his hand around trying to form words. But as the words came to his mouth Brendon's phone buzzed in his pocket.

Scared it was his boss, Brendon reached to his back pocket and grabbed his phone. But it was an anonymous number.

ANONYMOUS: you should visit her, not much time left.

BRENDON: send address

Brendon looked at Easton. "What was your name again?" Brendon asked, hoping to get a last name.

"Easton."

"Last name?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."

"James, I'm going to be taking a quick trip to London. I'll be back in four to five days." Brendon told Bucky as soon as he entered their apartment.

"W-Wait, why?" Bucky asked as he watched Brendon walk into their bedroom. "Can I come with?"

Brendon seemed to pause for a second before nodding his head, "No sorry Bucky," He answered solemnly. "I wish you could."

Bucky threw his head back in frustration and walked into the bedroom. Brendon was packing two sets of clothes and a few other things. In the corner, Bucky noticed Brendon's bo staff. With his metal arm he picked it up, shoving it out so it would retract into a smaller, more travable size.

Walking over to Brendon he held the staff out. "Thank you!" Brendon gasped, he leaned over taking the staff and placing a soft kiss on Bucky's cheek. Bucky blushed but Brendon continued as if nothing happened. Placing the staff in his bag, Brendon left the room.

Bucky followed like a lost puppy as Brendon rushed around the apartment. Bucky took the time to admire the focused look on Brendon's face. It reminded him of their past lives, the three of them would be getting ready to go out somewhere and Brendon would always be the last on ready. He would be running around his house.

Bucky couldn't help but crack a small smile at the memories. That smile however soon faded as he remembered why Brendon was running around. He opened he opened his mouth to say something just as Brendon turned around to face him.

"Why?" Bucky managed to get out. Brendon frowned and dropped his bag on the ground.

"My friend. . . She hasn't been well lately. She's losing time." Brendon answered slowly. Bucky didnt say anything but walked forward, wrapping his arms around Brendon. "I'll come back," Brendon promised, "I promise."

"And I'll wait." Bucky whispered a he pulled away, giving Brendon a sad smile.

Brendon's hand reach for the door, but before he could turn the knob Bucky's hand grab Brendon's. With a tug, he pulled Brendon into his arms and smacked his lips on Brendon's, holding him in a passionate kiss.

Brendon was surprised, but kissed back. The two ex-assassins held the kiss, scared that if they pulled away it wouldn't be real.

But Brendon realized with this kiss, he was free of HYDRA.