| 41 |

BRENDON WAS NOW TERRIFIED

BRENDON WAS NOW TERRIFIED. Nick Fury stood a few feet away from him with a knife. He was making himself a sandwich, but that didn't mean anything. Brendon attempted to kill this man, twice. He's glad he failed but now the man is holding a knife and in the same room a him. Brendon wanted to go up and apologize but the man came in and immediately started talking.

A small hand tapped his arm causing him to flinch. He looked over and saw Lila smiling softly at him holding a paper. Slowly, she held up the paper. He took the paper. It was a drawing of him with hands on fire, it wasn't done well but it was done for him and that was enough. At the top of the paper said: 'To Uncle Brendon.' His heart warmed and he ruffled her hair and whispered a thank you. She giggled and ran off to her parents.

Natasha, who was sitting across from him held her hand out. He passed the paper over and was returned with another paper. The two examined the papers. The one Natasha gave him was a drawing of a butterfly. He smiled softly and handed the paper back, receiving his back.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," Tony responded to something Fury said while throwing darts.

"You did what?" Brendon asked looking over at Tony. Tony shrugged and Fury continued.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that."

"NEXUS?" Steve and Brendon asked at the same time.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Bruce answered. Brandon huffed and leaned back in his chair.

"So," Clint trialed.

"What'd they say?" Cora, Clint's eldest, continued as she sat down next to Natasha.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed," Fury answered.

"By whom?" Jamie asked as Clint threw two darts hitting the center of the board. Cora raised an eye brow with a smirk.

"Parties unknown." Fury answered, shock lacing his words.

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asked.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our 'unknown.'"

"Well, this is good times, boss," Natasha started, "but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that."

"I do," Fury stated as if it was the most obvious thing. "I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else."

"I guess I'm partially at blame there." Brendon sighed.

"Not at all, Mr. Stark, though it is an honor to finally meet you and not the assassin that attempted to kill me." Fury said lightly. Brendon scoffed and ran a hand through his long hair.