2- Reunited

Y/N's P.O.V.

The music was almost deafening in the club as I downed my second glass of whiskey and enjoyed the burn.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" I heard a voice say and I looked at the guy next to me, smirking.

"No, but I think I scraped my knee crawling out of Hell." I winked and he looked me up and down.

"Hmm, then it's a good thing I know first aid. How about you come back to my place and take your pants off and I can have a look." I was a little taken back at his response.

"Smooth. Buy me a drink first." I winked and that's exactly what he did.

~

I groaned, opening my eyes and finding myself in an unfamiliar room. There was enough light to see my surroundings and the arm wrapped around my waist. I grabbed the guy's wrist and moved his arm from around me, but froze when I saw the tattoo on his wrist.
Though, it wasn't a tattoo, it was a brand of sorts.
An umbrella in a circle.
Shit.
He groaned next to me, wrapping his arm back around me and pulling me back into his chest.

"Morning, sweetheart." He mumbled against my neck and I shivered.
Now my mind was clear from the alcohol, I recognised the voice and my cheeks burned. I pushed his arm away from me and kept my back turned and I began to get dressed.
"What's wrong, baby? You were pretty eager to take them off last night." He purred.

"I was drunk." I said quietly, mostly talking to myself.
"This was a mistake shouldn't of- shit."

"Calm down, what's wrong?" Diego asked in a more serious tone. I pulled my shirt on and turned to pick up my phone, making eye contact with him.

"Y/N." Diego breathed, looking at me in surprise.
"Shit."

"Yeah." I finished buttoning up by shirt and pulled my shoes on.
"I need to go-"

"Wait." Diego grabbed my wrist.

"No, Diego." I said, weaker than I would have liked.
"I need to go. I have to shower and I've got work-"

"Take a day off." He interrupted.
"Take a shower here. I want to talk to you."

"I can't do that." I said, standing up.

"At least let me drive you home so I can explain." He practically begged and I closed my eyes.

"Fine." He got dressed quickly and we went out to his car, where I gave him directions to my apartment.

"Ben's death hit everyone hard." He began, starting up the engine.
"But Klaus spiralled. He increased his usage and I just couldn't be around him. Around anyone. I left home, got a job, somewhere to stay. I couldn't say goodbye to you because I wanted you to come with me, but I couldn't do that to you. I couldn't drag you away from your life, it would have been selfish. Then I came back for your 18th birthday and you were gone."

"Ben's death affected me too, you know?" I asked quietly, looking down.
"Ben died. You stopped meeting up, whenever Klaus did, he was too drunk or high to remember. I had to physically carry him home on more than one occasion. I asked your father if I could see you and all he did was shut the door in my face and tell me you wanted nothing to do with me. So I left, I ran away. When I turned 18, I decided to get my shit together and start living not just surviving."

"Y/N, if I had known-"

"I would have come with you. If you had asked me. I didn't even know you left. I just presumed you abandoned me like everyone else had." Diego pulled up outside my apartment, but neither of us moved.
"I used to like you, a lot. You, Klaus and Ben were the only people I trusted and you all left me."

"Y/N, let me make it up to you." He said quietly.
"It's Allison's wedding next week. I don't know if you noticed, but she's kind of famous. She sent me two plane tickets for me and a plus one. Come with me, please."

"Diego, I cant just drop everything because you want to apologise to me for leaving." I said sadly, even though a part of me really wanted to.

"I know, but I don't want to apologise for leaving. I want to apologise for not taking you with me."