21 - Blood

Y/N's P.O.V.

"She's suffered a severe laceration to her larynx." Grace said as we gathered around the table.
"One of you will need to give blood."

"I will." Everyone, including me said at once.

"I'm doing it." Luther said in his "I'm Number One - meaning I'm the leader" voice.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy." Pogo sighed.
"Your blood is more compatible with mine."

"No sweat, big guy." Klaus said enthusiastically.
"I've got this! I love needles."

"Master Klaus. Your blood is... too polluted." Pogo interrupted.

"Move." Diego said and I rolled my eyes. This wasn't going to end well.
"I'll do it." Grace pulled out the needle and Diego let out a whimper, before he collapsed.

"Never send a man to do a woman's job." I sighed, taking off my jacket and holding out my arm. Five gave me a small smile as Grace took a considerable amount of blood, but not too much. Just enough to save Allison.

~

"No sign of Vanya and Jenkins is dead?" I asked and Five, Diego and Klaus.

"Yeah, she's not in any of the rooms." Klaus said.

"Right, well we're going." Diego grabbed my wrist and started moving towards the exit.

"Where are you going? Vanya is still out there and so are Hazel and Cha Cha." Five said.

"I know, I'm gonna get my things and then we're out of here. I've got some unfinished business with those fools." If only seen Diego in one of these moods once, he was worried and determined. There was no point fighting against him, so I sent Five an apologetic smile, before going with him.

"Killing then isn't going to bring her back, you know?" I said and Diego looked at me.
"It might make you feel a little better, but it won't bring Eudora back. She was my friend too, remember?"

"I know. But I'm not just doing it for Patch." He sat on his bed next to the half-full bag.
"They almost killed you too, Y/N. Surely you want some kind of revenge?"

"Yeah, I do. But don't you think we have more important priorities right now?" I sighed, sitting down next to him.
"We have to find Vanya, I know you've not always gotten along, but she's still your sister. Hell, I love her as if she was my sister. She could be in serious-"

"Alright. You've convinced me." We can go and find her."

-

Pleased and slightly amazed that I managed to change his mind, I walked with Diego towards the exit of the academy when we heard Five talking to someone.

"-That shit's legendary. I can't believe I'm actually-"

"What do you want Hazel?" Five asked and Diego pushed his bag at me before running into the library.
I rolled my eyes and followed him.
"Diego Stop!" Five yelled and looked at me. I shrugged, glaring at the fighting couple. Usually I'd either get involved or cheer Diego on, but I was tired and I just wanted all of this to be over.
"You know before you kill him you might want to hear what he has to say?"

"I'm gonna kill you for what you did to Patch. For hurting Y/N." Diego growled and Hazel let out a whimper/whine/complaining sound as he tried to point to Five as Diego kicked him.

"Y/N? A little help?" Five asked and I dropped Diego's bag, before walking past them and pouring myself a drink of whatever Five was drinking.
Soon I found it was a hella good margarita.

"That's gotta hurt." I muttered as Diego stabbed Hazel in the leg, even Five flinched a little. After another minute or so, Five smashed a glass vase around Diego's head, knocking him out cold.
"He deserved that, but I need him to help me find Vanya."

"Hazel, Whatever you came here to say, I suggest you make it quick... before he comes around." Five said, ignoring me completely.

"I left my partner. Quit the Commission. Came to volunteer." He said proudly as Five came over and sat next to me.

"Volunteer?" I asked and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You... we shot you." He muttered and I smirked.

"I don't die that easy, but it did hurt like a bitch." I said in a monotonous voice.
"I'm just to tired of all the fighting at this point."

"Volunteer for what?" Five asked.

"Helping stop the apocalypse." Hazel wiped the glass off of his shoulder. Five laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"What on earth could be so funny to you now?"

"I hate to break it to you, pal, but you're a day late and a dollar short." Five smirked.
"The fact that you're here now means that the apocalypse is over."

Not gonna lie... y'all are gonna hate me for the next chapter
Also I'm ending this book soon 'cause I've got other stuff to concentrate on 🙃