Chapter 3

They climed into the bed, first (Y/N) then Marie.

(Y/N) could not believe that he was actually in there. His mind was racing about a million kilometers an hour. As he was debating whether or not she'd splat him when he finally told her how he felt.

Marie spoke up.

Marie: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yes, Marie?

Marie: Are you a virgin?

(Y/N): Whoa, where's this coming from?

Marie: I don't know. It just kinda slipped out... Forget i said anything.

He digested that for a while. It was a long time before he responded.

(Y/N): Yes...

Marie: Yes what?

(Y/N): I'm a virgin.

Marie turned to look at him.

Marie: Seriously?

(Y/N) turned too.

(Y/N): You're surprised?

Marie: No, my surpriser tone of voice is a complete sham. I was totally expecting you to say that.

(Y/N): Cut the carp.

Marie sighed, and turned back over.

Marie: Yes, i'm surprised.

(Y/N): What's so surpising about it? I mean, look at me! It's not like i'm the picture of physical fitness.

This was true, even in Turf War. (Y/N) didn't run out with a roller, he preferred to keep beheind his teammates and snipe the opponent with his N-ZAP 89.

Marie: Physical fitness isn't the only thing that it depends on. You were the one who pointed out how lazy i am, and i'm still getting laid.

(Y/N): That's different.

Marie: Different how?

(Y/N): Wait, you said you were not going to ask for any funny business.

Marie: Talking about it isn't asking for anything. Different how?

(Y/N) turned back over.

(Y/N): You actually look good. When a girl looks at me, belive me, the first thing that comes to mind is NOT "I want to take his clothes off right now."

Also true. (Y/N) was hardly ugly, especially by inkling standards. But he wasn't particulary striking either. He tended to blend into crowds, which he was perfectly fine with.

Silence.

(Y/N): No witty retort? Something wrong Marie?

She mumbled something he could not hear.

(Y/N): What was that?

Marie: I know someone who thought that.

(Y/N): Thought what?

Marie: How much she wanted to take your clothes off when she first saw you.

(Y/N): Really? Why do i find it so hard to belive you?

Marie: I'm not lying.

(Y/N): Then give me a name.

Marie: I can't, i told them i would not tell you.

(Y/N): Just my point. If you, or her, for that matter, won't come out and say it, then she might as well not exist. I'm not dating material, and the only time a girl would do it with me would be if she were drunk off her butt. No one in her  right mind would want me.

Marie: Don't say things like that...

(Y/N): Why not? It's true. Why pick him if there are so many better guys around? I tell you, that right there is the mindset of every girl in Inkopolis right now.

Marie: Not all of them.

(Y/N): If you don't give me a name, then  it might as well be.

Marie: I thought i told you not to say things like that.

(Y/N): And i didn't listen.

Marie: Well, you really should! You need to stop beating yourself up so much!

(Y/N): I'm not beating myself up. I'm stating facts, there is a difference.

Marie: When your "facts" aren't facts, there's no difference at all.

(Y/N): But they are. So you see, there is a difference. I'm not going to find anyone anytime soon.

Marie: Shut up.

(Y/N): Why?

Marie: Because it isn't true. You are going to find someone.

(Y/N): Mm, i want to belive you. But i just can't.

Marie: Stop it! *"She shouted"*

Marie turned towards him again, she grabbed his shoulder and twisted him back towards her.

Marie: Do you know what i do whenever i hear someone badmouthing you, or any of my other friends? I shut them up, (Y/N). And belive me, it's real easy. You're a good enough person that i can shut them down real fast. But if you start to believe that carp? Do you have any idea how hard it is to help someone that can't even help themselves? You're just going all boo-hoo, i'll never find love, when you have no idea that that girl could be right around the corner! I'm not going to just let you beat yourself up like that. You.... You mean too much to me.

Marie started tearing up again.

(Y/N): ....Really?

Marie smiled and brushed away her tears.

Marie: Really, and if there's a way to prove  just how much you mean to me. Then i promise you, i'll do it.

(Y/N): Thanks Marie, that really helps.

They shared a hug before turning back away from each other, with smiles on their faces.

836 words.

I need sleep.