one

January 1st, 1964

It was the first day of 1964. George gazed out of his hotel window. The Beatles had recently received notice that they would be performing on the Ed Sullivan Show. Brian had just told them this morning. It was scheduled on February 23rd; just 2 days before his 21st birthday! Brian had told them that they would leave in a month's time. Way too early for his taste. 

'Great', he thought. 'I'll be spending my birthday in America.' 

George was loving the fame and fortune that the Beatles had brought him, but he was missing something. Someone to be exact. He needed someone. Someone who will keep him grounded. Someone to love him, so he could love her back. John had Cynthia, Paul had Jane, and Ringo had just started seeing Maureen. Everyone seemed to have somebody to love except for him.  

"What'cha doin' there Georgie?", Paul asked, putting him out of his trance.

"Nothin'. Just thinking"

"About what? You know you can tell me.", Paul said. Almost like a mother. 

"I'm fine Paul. I'm just tired. Stop acting like my mother. Tell Eppy I've gone out."

"Alright, Georgie.", Paul replied. He wondered what happened to his little mate.

With that George grabbed his coat and sprayed some cologne and headed out the door. 

"Hey, Lenny, what's happened to our Georgie?", Paul asked John who was playing his guitar. 

"I dunno. He's been sulking all day. He needs a bird to settle him down."

"Yea. I guess your right. I hope he doesn't stay out too late though"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George's POV

I headed to the nearest club I could find. I needed a drink to wash away all my bitter feelings. I walked in to see a shocking situation.  A girl...Indian I think, was being shoved and pushed around by two good-for-nothing bloke. She was crying and asking for help. All I heard around her was "She deserves it. Her and her nasty Indian scum". That did it. I had to help. I walked over there briskly. 

"Hey! Put that young lady down! Why are you doing this to her?", I asked that bloke. 

"She deserves it! Her and the rest of her dirty kind!"

"Well stop it!", I yelled as I began to try to pull the man's hands off her.  

"Ay! Back off! Or I'll deal with you!"

"Oh yeah? Do it then. Throw a punch at me! Don't hurt her, please!", I cried out. 

3rd Person POV

The man threw a punch at George's eye and nose, causing his nose to bleed and eye to swell up. George didn't stop fighting, however. He kicked the man in the groin and pulled the lady out of his grasp. He took her hand and they ran outside the club. 

George's POV

I took the girl outside the club and into an alley. As soon as we caught our breaths, I examined her face and body to see if she was hurt. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was. She had biscuit colored, smooth skin and dark, chocolate eyes that looked so very frightened. 

"Are you okay?", I asked her. 

"Yeah", she said; quickly wiping away the tears in her eyes and shivered.