four

A.N: FOLLOW FOR AUTOMATIC SHOUTOUT!

Jan 3rd, 1964

George's POV

I still couldn't believe all that happened yesterday. I had somehow managed to win the heart of the best lady on the planet! I think to pour our hearts out to each was the best solution. She shouldn't have to bottle up her emotions. She's always so hard on herself. After all, she's been through, she deserves someone who will love her.

I laid in bed with my hands on the back of my head. Just as I shut my eyes, I saw the most beautiful girl I'd ever known. She was leaning against the doorframe and was wearing my shirt and sweatpants. They were too big on her. She looked so tiny. So...cute.

"Good morning George.", she said and smiled. My heart melted at the sight. She was so beautiful. She didn't even try to be. 

"Hey pretty...you look beautiful this morning.", I said as I stood up and opened my arms. She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my torso, burying her head into my chest. It was as if we were meant to be. Our bodies moulded around each other. I kissed her cheek and my head buried into the crook of her neck. If you're wondering, no. We haven't kissed...yet. I don't want to pressure her. All we've done is kiss each other on the cheek and hug. Well, I only asked her yesterday to go out with me, so I don't even think we are actually dating, but I'll ask her. I won't pressure her into anything.

"George?", Sai asked shifting her head up but keeping her arms wrapped around me.

"Yes, love?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"When you go on tour...I heard you and the lads talk about it yesterday night, and I was wondering if I could man the place down while you are gone? Since I don't have a place to stay?"

"What do you mean 'man the place down' Sai? I was gonna ask you to come with me."

"George, as much as I'd love to, I don't know. I mean, I don't know what America is like. Besides, didn't you tell me that John has a wife and son? I can stay and help Cynthia. Plus, I can get to know her as well, you know, make some lady friends. If it's okay with you, I'll stay. As long as you're okay with it. And also, I applied for a job in the biochemical lab the day we met. I haven't got a notice from them yet, but in case I do, I want to make sure I'm available."

As much as I was sad about Sai not coming, I didn't want her to feel pressured.

"Okay with me? Love, don't worry about me. Whatever makes you happy, do it. Now if that's sleeping with someone else, then it's not okay. You are your own person. I can't just control you like that. You can 'man down the fort' soldier.", I said and unwrapped my arms around her to salute." Sai giggled. Oh, how I'm going to miss that laugh when I leave next month.

"And also, it's so cool that you like biochemistry. I don't like the common housewife. It doesn't suit ya. Call me when they notify you!", I was falling more and more for this woman. 

Her arms were still tightly wrapped around me. We got lost in each other's eyes.

Sai's POV

George truly wowed me. I was scared to tell him I didn't want to go on tour with him, but he took it so well. He treated me like a person and not like a possession. And, I was so happy when he was happy that I applied for a job. I still had my arms wrapped around him and he returned his hands to my waist. Suddenly I felt him leaning in.

'Shit.' I thought.

'this is happening. Do I want it to happen? Of course, I do.'

I leaned in as well until we closed the gap between our mouths. God. He was a good kisser. Not that I'd ever been kissed before. I just hoped he would be my first and last kiss. If that makes any sense.