Chapter six

Penn walked inside the Odyssey theater.

It was a bright Saturday morning. Since it was the weekend, there were no missions today. Penn decided to head to the theater to pay the band and Mary a visit and see if they needed anything, considering that they were from a different time era. He arrived 9am after shortly talking to his parents. Penn was surprised that his parents knew about the band, saying that they have gone to one of their concerts when they were in their late teens. Penn's parents also said that the band had many hits under their belt and that maybe that he should take a listen to them.

The redhead walked inside the theater, only to see nothing. Penn was about to call out if any was there when he noticed a sticky note on top of the desk. He walked over to it and read it. "To Penn, Sashi, or Boone. We are off with Phillis to get some stuff for us and the theater. Mary is in the theater if you need anything. You are free to take a look at the recording room, but whatever you do, DON'T destroy Brian's guitar! Trust me, he nearly broke Roger in half after he thought he did. Stay safe!😊 Also, mind helping out cleaning the recording room? That would be really thankful! -Deaky

"Okay then. Can't be that bad." Penn muttered. He walked over to the recording room, only to see that it was a huge mess. Papers were everywhere, books were on the floor, and there was even some food. Penn groaned. "You have got to be kidding me." He said. With a sigh and cracking his fingers, he grabbed a broom, and began cleaning the place up. About an hour later, the redhead was done. He sat in the bench next the piano. Penn then noticed a piece of paper under the chair. He bent over apicked it up. "Bohemian Rhapsody." Penn read. "What the hell is that?" He muttered.

The redhead placed the paper in front of him and began reading the notes. He had learned to play the piano when he was six, so this didn't seem that hard. Penn began playing the notes and began singing the song in front of him.

"Mama. Just killed a man.
Put a gun against his head.
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead.

Mama, life had just begun.
But now I've gone and thrown it all away.

Mama, oohh.
Didn't mean to make you cry.
If I'm not back again, this time tomorrow.
Carry on, carry on.
As if nothing really matters.

Too late, my time has come.
Sending shivers through my spine, body's aching all the time.
Goodbye, everybody. I've got to go.
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth!

Mama! Oohhh.
I don't wanna die!
Sometimes I wish I've never been born at all!!"

"Damn. Talk about being a bit depressing, eh Freddie?" Penn asked. "Yeah. But it's the rest that everyone loses it." A voice said. Penn whipped around to see Mary standing there in the doorway. Penn blushed. "Oh. Um. How long were you standing there?" He asked. "Heard everything." She said. "You sing good. You know that right?" Mary asked. "Oh. Uh, well. Thank you." Penn said, standing up. Both he and the woman exited the room. Penn grabbed a coke from the fridge. "Careful. That has a lot of sugar." Mary warned. "Relax. I'll be fine. Just thankful that Sashi didn't drink this. Now that would be terrible." "What happens when Sashi get sugar?" Mary asked. "You don't want to know." Penn said.

The two laughed. "Say. I've been meaning to ask you a few things." Penn said. "What is it?" Mary asked. "Why did you and Freddie break things up?" "Oh." She said. "I mean! You don't have to answer." Penn said, thinking that she didn't want to talk about it. "Oh no. It's fine. Freddie and I began dating around the early 70s. He was a wonderful man. Always looked out for me and took care of me. Heck, like Phillis said, we were engaged." Mary's smile then turn into a frown. "However, eventually Freddie came out to me as Bisexual and said that he was falling for another man." Mary's eyes then widened. "Oh shit." She said. "What?" Penn said. "I forgot about Jim: Freddie boyfriend." She said. (It's Okay, Mary. I forgot about Jim to.)