Chapter One

My name is Jenny Darby. My older brother/twin is Jack Darby. We have a strange, sorta, hectic life. It started about a year ago. Jack was having his normal day at work, while I was sitting in the back with him doing some work or drawing. When we left, Jack started talking to a beautiful blue motorcycle and said it was his to impress some girl he liked, long-story-short, didn’t work. After the girl and her friend left, the bike suddenly roared to life and started driving on its own. In the attempt to save my brother from the demon bike, I was pulled on as well. Two purple cars were chasing after us, or the bike at least.

    That’s how we met Arcee, after that, we met Raf and BumbleBee. The next day, the motorcycle, or Arcee, came back and we met Miko. Arcee took us to a secret base so we could meet everyone else. Optimus Prime, Ratchet, and Bulkhead. After a while we met Agent Fowler. He wasn’t happy about us being around the bots, but aloud us to stay with them for our safety. As the days went by, we met the Decepticons and Lord Megatron. As the months went by, me, Jack, and Arcee went to Cybraton to save my guardian, Optimus. We also met Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, and Smokescreen. They also joined team Prime

    And now, here we are. I sat on the couch reading while my legs laid over Jack and Miko’s laps while they played their racing game. I’m not one for electronics, which is strange since I’m surrounded by robots. “Hah! I win again!” Miko cheered, jumping up and knocking my legs off the couch. “Did you see that, Jenny?!” She cheered. “Sorry. I didn’t.” I signed. Did I forget to say I was mute. Not deaf, mute. I can hear what people say, but I can’t talk back. I was born this way, unlike the Decepticon, Soundwave. Miko groaned and plopped back onto the couch. I mentally snickered at her childness. I looked over at Raf, who was on his computer. I set my book down and walked over to him.

    I blinked and looked at his screen. He was deleting pictures that didn’t need to be seen, like pictures of the bots and cons. He looked over his shoulder at me and let out a startled yell, jumping. “Oh, it’s just you.” He said, putting his hand on his chest. “Sorry.” I signed, giving an apologetic smile. “Nah. It’s okay. Your just really quiet when you walk.” Raf said. Arcee said that if I were an Autobot, then I would be better than her at sneaking up on enemies. I think she was saying that to be nice though.

    I looked over when I heard metal peds thumping against the ground. Optimus walked into the main part of the base. “Bulkhead, I need you to go out and check for any signs of Decepticon activity.” My guardian said. “OH! Can I come?!” Miko asked. “As long as you don’t run off again.” Bulk said. Miko fist-pumped. “Jenny, you wanna-? Oh, wait. Sorry.” She said. Optimus didn’t like me leaving the base, unless I’m going home or walking close to the base. He was scared that if a Decepticon attacked, I wouldn’t be able to call out for help since I was mute.

    I shrugged like it was nothing, went inside I was slightly disappointed that no one thought I could take care of myself. “It’s cool. Go have fun and be safe.” I signed. I waited for Miko and Bulk to drive out before letting my shoulders slump and looked off the side, sighing mentally to myself. I think the only one who knows how I feel when the others go with their guardians is Ratchet since he’s the medic, he just doesn’t care. But, if he does, he never shows it.

    I pressed my lips together and started back towards the couch. I grabbed my bag and put my book in it, shutting my phone all the way off so I couldn’t be tracked. “Where ya going, Jen?” Jack asked. “For a walk. Taking my stuff in case I decide to go home while I’m out.” I told him, putting my bag on. “Okay. Stay safe.” He said, worry in his blue eyes. I nodded and walked down the catwalk and out of the base. I missed the old base. The base use to be inside of a mountain sized rock closer to Jasper, Nervada. But, it was blown up by Decepticons.

   Now, the base is at a military base further away from Jasper. I mentally sighed at the thought of how close the Decepticons came to destroying our home. I pulled out my ipod and put my earbuds and put my hands in my pockets and continued walking. The sky was clear, only a few clouds splayed out here and there in the huge blue above me. I stumbled when my right foot hit something on the ground, I stopped my music and took out my earbuds, looking down,

   I frowned and raised an eyebrow when I saw a thick, shiney black rope on the ground. It had a black flap like thing on the right side and a torn red flap on the other, telling me this wasn’t a normal rope. I crouched down and set my hand  on the rope. I jumped and pulled my hand back when the rope thing moved away from my hand. I looked up at a rock that was to left a few feet away when there was a groan noise. I stood up and slowly walked over to the rock.

   I internally gasped and took a step back from what I saw. It was a pitch black dragon.

977 words.