Chapter Seventeen

“We’ll take care of the drones on the ground, you get the ones in the sky!” Arcee said before transforming and driving off, the others following behind. “Let’s go!” Snotlout yelled before flying off. We followed after him, our dragon's roaring. I flew next to Eret, not showing my fear for the both of us as we flew. Yeah, I'm worried about everyone else, but this was the man I love. I don’t want to lose him until we get him and the others home.

    I let out a mute gasp when Predaking flew at us, optics trained on me and Eclipse. “The furies will deal with the big one, the rest of you, go after the jets!” Hiccup yelled, hovering next to me. Eret looked over at me and I nodded. He looked worried, but nodded and flew after Astrid. Eclipse, Toothless, the Light Fury, and the other two Dawn Furies, as I call them, hovered around each other.

    Me and Hiccup held onto our saddles and charged at the Predacon. Eclipse flew over Predaking’s head and bit into his neck, making him roar in pain, while her siblings bit at his wings, tail and legs, and Toothless and the Light Fury shot fire at him, blinding him with smoke. Eclipse flew off when he shook her off and bit at her brothers, making them roar.

    “Come on, buddy! Come on!” Hiccup yelled, keeping his dragon steady as he stood on his back. I watched with wide eyes as he jumped from Toothless’s back to Predaking’s neck. Hiccup grunted and pulled his sword out and stabbed it into the metal dragon's neck. He let out a roar of pain and tried to shake the rider off. But, Toothless shot at his face numerous times, making sure no harm came to Hiccup.

    I held on as my dragon dove at Predaking, knocking him off balance and out of the sky, Hiccup jumping into the air. I let out a mute grunt and grabbed his arm and he grabbed mine. “Good catch! Thanks!” He said, panting. I nodded and Toothless flew under him and he got on his back. The seven of us watched the metal dragon fall to the ground and crush some ‘con drones.

    I looked over and saw the other had only a few jets left. “We’re winning this thing!” I signed then threw my hands into the air. “Jenny, look out!” Hiccup yelled. I looked back in time to see a purple ball of light fly towards us and Eclipse buck me off her back. I let out a mute scream of horror when I saw my dragon get hit by the ball of purple fire.

    As I fell, I suddenly grew light headed and went limp, falling head first towards the ground. Before I completely black out, I felt someone grab one of my legs and pull me upwards.

483 words