Chapter Five

I made a motion that said ‘stay’ to Toothless and walked over to the car. “Jenny! Wait!” Jack yelled. But, I had already opened the door. If I could, I would have gasped when a man jump out of the car. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and held a dagger to my throat, holding me off the ground. My face twisted with fear and I looked down at him, holding back the urge to grabbed his wrist and struggle.

    The bots fired up their weapons and pointed them down at us. “I wouldn't do that, tiny!” Bulk warned. “I think it’s the other way around. I've seen what y'all are capable of. You shoot me, you hit her.” The man said. I looked up at Optimus, who was behind the man a little ways. I held my hands up and started to sign. “Don't shoot! He's just scared and confused!” The man gave me a confused look. “What is that? Some kind of code?” He asked.

    “Sh-She’s mute! She can’t speak so sh-she uses her hands!” Jack said, keeping Raf and Miko behind him. “Please…Lower your guns!” I begged, giving him a pleading looked. “Autobots, lower your weapons!” Optimus said, changing his guns back into hands. The man blinked before looking up at me again. I looked over at my brother and our friends. Then, I noticed something and my eyes widened. “Where’s Tooth-!?” I was cut off when there was a roar and me and the man were jolted sideways.

    I closed my eyes from the impact and the man grunted. I opened my eyes and saw Toothless standing above both of us, giving us a toothless grin. He suddenly started attacking the man with licks, slobber splashing onto me. “Ugh! Okay! Okay! I get it!” The man yelled, trying to push the dragon away, but his hands would slip and Toothless would start licking him again. “T-Toothless! Knock it off! Come on!” The man was finally able to get the dragon off and he sat up, me just laying there.

    Suddenly, two sets of hands grabbed me by my wrists and pulled me across the ground. I looked up to see Jack grabbing one arm and Miko grabbing the other. Suddenly, Toothless sniffed the air and his eyes widened and he looked over at Bee’s altmode. “Hiccup!” The man gasped, standing up and running over to the car. I stood up and watched. Bee opened his back door and the man dragging another man with brown hair out and laid him down away from Bee.

    The scout backed up and transformed. “:Jenny, are you okay?:” He asked. I nodded. Toothless let out a mournful moan and paced around the two men, never taking his green eyes off the brown haired man. I held my breath and walked towards the men and Toothless. “Jenny!” Jack hissed, reaching for me but missing. I stopped and held my hands up when the man pointed his dagger at me. I looked away from the blade and down at the brown haired man.

    He was covered in scratches and had a gash in his side. I looked back at Jack. “Call Mom!” I signed quickly. He nodded and ran to the catwalk. “Wh-What did you say to him?!” The man asked, pointing after Jack. “She told him to call for help.” Miko said, Raf clinging onto her hips. I held my hands up and slowly knelt down, the man watching me. Toothless walked up next to me and nudged my shoulder, as if begging me to help him. I reached back and rubbed the side of his head.

    I slowly reached towards the man's neck to check his pulse. The man watched as I pressed my fingers to his friends neck. His pulse was steady, but weak. You learn a few things when your mom’s a nurse. I pulled my hand away and looked at his bloodied shirt. I grabbed the bottom rim and lifted it up, making the unconscious man wince. I winced at the sight of his side, which was still bleeding.

    I looked around for something to stop the bleeding and my eyes landed on the fur shirt the man was wearing. I pointed at his shirt and made motions for him to take it off. “What?” He asked. I would have face palmed if I didn't have blood on my hands. “Miko, tell him I need his shirt!” I signed back to my friend. “She wants you to take your shirt off, idiot!” Miko yelled. “Not like that! You're making me sound like a pervert!” I signed, face turning red.