Chapter Eleven

“Miko! You couldn't have just gone to my house and picked something out?!” I asked her. “All your clothes or boring and plain! You need something new!” My friend said. “It looks like I just came from a freaking anime!” I complained, tugging on the bottom of the skirt. “It’s not that bad!” Miko said. I glared at her. “And who knows, it may catch a Mr. Muscle man’s eye.” She added, teasing.

    Me and Eret have gotten closer over the past three days him and his friends have been here. I've actually gotten closer with all of them. While we help them understand my sign, they've been teaching me a few things about their world and dragon's, since Eclipse has dubbed herself my dragon. Fishlegs has helped me learn about different dragons, Hiccup was helping me learn to fly and was also making me a saddle so I wouldn't fall off her back, and Eret and Astrid were helping me with their weapons and teaching me to fight, behind everyone's back of course.

    “For the last time, there is not going on between us!” I signed, aggravated. “What’s not going on?” I jumped and spun around when I heard Eret behind me. “NOTHING!” I said. “Something.” Miko said. Eret raised an eyebrow and looked down at me. ¨Well, I'm going to go see if one of the boys are up for a race.¨ Miko said before walking away, proudly.

    “What did I miss?” He asked, pointing his thumb after my giddy friend. “Nothing. How’s Hiccup and the saddle coming along?” I asked, signing. “He said he has to make a few twiks then it should be okay to put on Eclipse.” Eret said. I nodded and walked next to him. Then, he finally looked me over and chuckled. “What are you wearing?” He asked. I pressed my lips together and wrapped my arms around myself. “Don't ask. I told Miko to get me something from my room, but instead, she grabbed this from her place!” I explained.

    He chuckled again and shook his head. But, I could still feel him looking me over. “Well, if my opinion counts, I think you look hot!” Snotlout called from across the room. My face turned red and I used my hair to hide my face. “No. Your opinion does not count!” Eret yelled across the base, making me let out a muted laugh. “Wasn't asking you, dragon rangaler!” Snotlout yelled. “Ignore him. He's trying to start a fight.” I signed, pushing him the other way.

    “Even hotter when your walking away!” Snotlout called. I felt my face heat up again and puffed out my cheeks, hugging myself again. “Let me guess, you're going to kill Miko?” Eret asked. I nodded and he laughed. We looked over when we heard a dragon groan. I covered my mouth and let out a mute snicker. Eclipse was climbing around on Skullcrusher, setting her front feet on his head and laying her head on her legs and looked down at him with her emerald eyes.

    Skullcrusher looked over at us out of the corner of his eye and huffed. “Looks like you've made yourself a new friend.” Eret said, chuckling. His dragon turned his head, making Eclipse slip slightly, and gave us a look. We both chuckled and shook our heads, walking away from the dragons. “Jenny! Come over here.” Hiccup called. Me and Eret looked at each other before walking over to him.

    “I finished it.” Hiccup said, stepping to the side. I smiled at the sight of the saddle. It was a light gray color with blue designs on it. I walked up to it and felt the leather under my hand. “Well, to see if it’s actually a good saddle, we should put it on the dragon.” Eret said. I stood up and turned to him, smiling. “Eclipse, come here girl!” Hiccup called. The young dragon jumped of the older one and bounded over to us and slid to a stop.

    I rubbed her nose and tapped the saddle. Her tail started wagging back and forth, her smiling. I mutely giggled and Eret grabbed the saddle and Hiccup helped put it on and get it buckled and settled on her back. The white and black dragon turned her head and sniffed the saddle, frill/ear thing up. “All right! You're all set!” Hiccup said. Eclipse smiled and laid down so I could climb onto her back easier.

    I petted her head before climbing onto her back and sitting on the saddle. “Everything feel okay?” Hiccup asked. “It feels weird sitting on a saddle.” I signed, smiling nervously. “You'll get use to it.” Eret said, setting his hand on my leg, giving a reassuring squeeze before moving his hand. I gave him a grateful smile before grabbing the front part on the saddle. “Now, it’s just like when you flew Toothless that one time, but without all the hardware and stuff.” Hiccup said.

    Before he could say anymore, Eclipse took off running before lunging into the air and flying. I held on tight and gritted my teeth, taken by surprise by her running start and sudden flight. She turned sideways and flew close to the wall, flying around the base. I let out a mute cheer and laugh. Eclipse let out a warble and flipped through the air. Ratchet looked up. “Jenny, by Primus, if you fall-!” He was cut off when Eclipse flew passed his face and out of the base.

    I looked back when there was a roar. Eret and Skullcrusher flew up behind us. “Having fun?” Eret asked. I smiled and nodded. Eclipse let out a roar and flew over Skullcrusher and went under him, doing it over and over again. “Looks like she's enjoying herself too!” Eret said. I nodded again and Eclipse let out a roar and flew faster. “Oh, so that's how it is?” He asked before fling after us. I turned back and looked at the dragon rider, sticking my tongue out.

    And so, the race began.

1010 words