Chapter Sixteen

I woke up with the sound of a camera going off, something warm and moving behind me, fur rubbing against the side of my face, and something wrapped around me. I sat up and yawned, then I heard giggling. I opened my eyes and let out a mute yell. “Hey, sleeping beauty!” Miko said, smugly. “What do you want?” I signed, glaring at her. “Well, Eret never came back, so we came to see why.” Astrid said next to her.

    I looked down when the thing wrapped around me shifted. Eret sat up and blinked at the two. “Hello.” He said, waving. “Miko, why did I hear a camera click?” I asked. “What camera?” Miko asked. “A what?” Eret asked. “A camera. You use it when you see something you like or want to remember and it’s with you until you decide to delete it.” Miko explained, taking her phone out.

    Eclipse sat her head up and yawned. “But, why did I hear one?” I asked. “I may or may not have taken a picture of you guys.” Miko said, chuckling. “Miko!” I signed, glaring. “It was cute!” Miko yelled, putting her phone away. I felt my face turn red and used my hair to hide it. “Fine! Don't show Jack.” I ordered. She nodded. “So, how much longer am I going to be shunned from the base? I haven’t had anymore nightmares.” I asked.

    They looked at each other. “We didn't ask. Sorry.” Miko said. I shrugged and felt kind of disappointed. “Oh, Eret, I'd be careful when you come back. Ruffnut was having a cow when you didn't come back.” Astrid warned. “Thank you for the heads up.” Eret said, waving after her. The two girls giggled again and walked to the back door and disappeared. I looked out of the corner of my eye down at Eret when he shoved his face into the crook of my neck.

    “Okay, they're gone, let's go back to sleep!” He said, his voice muffled. I shook my head and made him look up so he could watch me sign. “No, I'm hungry.” I told him, standing up. He groaned and laid back down on my dragon. “Fine, I’ll go back to sleep!” He mummered, putting his arm over his face. I shook my head and walked into the kitchen and pulled an apple out of the fridge and walked back over to Eret and Eclipse. She warbled at me and nuzzled under my chin.

    I petted her head and smiled at her, taking a bite out of the fruit. She looked over at Eret and moved her wing, making him fall forward. “What?!” He yelled, sitting up. She let out an annoyed warble and shook her head. I put the apple in my mouth. “She probably wants to go for a fly.” I signed. “Is this you or the dragon talking?” Eret asked, crossing his arms. I sat there before shrugging. He chuckled and shook his head before standing up.

    “Alright. How could I say no to such a beautiful face?” He asked, putting his hand on the side of my face. I blushed and looked off to the side. But, he made me face him again and kissed my forehead, making me blush darker. “Come on. Let’s go for that fly.” Eret said, picking me up and setting me on Eclipse’s back. My dragon followed Eret out the door and into the backyard before the viking jumped onto her back and we took off into the air.

    Eret held onto me as we flew, my dragon doing flips, spins, and twirls. I couldn’t help but let out mute laughs as the dragon had her fun. But, it was short lived. “Get down!” Eret yelled, pushing me forward and ducking down. A purple ball of light flew over out heads. Eclipse let out a roar and stopped flying forward. I gasped mutely when I saw a jet flying towards us. “Megatron!” I signed. “Get us out of here, Eclipse!” Eret yelled. The dragon eagerly roared and flew away from the jet, desperately flapping her wings to go faster.

    We both looked over and our eyes widen when we saw the warlord fly up next to us and fire up his cannon. “JUMP!” Eret yelled, pushing me off and falling after me. Eclipse roared and douged out of the way of the shot, diving after us. I let out mute screams as I flipped through the air, wind flying passed me.

    I grunted mutely when someone grabbed my foot and I stopped falling. “Good day, fair lady.” I looked up to see Toothless and Hiccup. I smiled up at them before looking around. Stormfly and Astrid was flying a little ways away, Stormfly holding Eret by his shoulders. “Nice save!” Eret yelled. Eclipse quickly flew over and took me from Toothless and Skullcrusher did the same for Eret and Stormfly.

    “Follow us! Your Autobot friends have a plan!” Hiccup said, zooming off. I looked over at Eret and we both nodded before flying after the dragon's. I looked back when I saw Megatron flying after us. I tapped Eclipse’s shoulder, encouraging her to go faster. “He’s catching up!” Eret yelled, looking back. We followed the other vikings as they dove towards the ground. “NOW!” Hiccup yelled.

    I looked back and saw the twins appear on one side of the warlord and Fishlegs appear on the other. “Fire!” Tuff yelled, the two and a half dragon's shooting fire at the jet. “AH!” Megatron yelled, falling to the ground. We landed on rocks and surrounded the warlord, our dragon's snarling. “Stand down, Megatron!” Optimus ordered, walking out from behind a rock, sword drawn.

    Arcee, Ultra Magnus, BumbleBee, Bulkhead, Smokescreen, and Wheeljack walked out, guns aimed at the crazed robot. I watched him look around at the bots and dragons. “Why, Optimus, should I stand down?” Megatron asked, standing up. “Because, if you kill me now, who would you be without me?” He asked. Me and the other riders looked over when we heard the sounds of cars and jets.

    “Time to find out!” Optimus said before charging at the warlord, sword at the ready.

1031 words