Chapter Fifteen

I laid on my bed and sighed mutely. This is this most bored I've ever been in a long time. Usually, I'm at the base, reading, watching the others play video games, watching Raf hack things, watching Ratchet work, and, more recently, flying around with Eclipse and Eret with Skullcrusher. I looked over when the door opened.

    “Hey, Jenny. What are you doing?” Mom asked. “Is this how it use to be before I met the bots?” I asked, sitting up. Mom chuckled. “Yes. this is the life of a normal teenage girl.” Mom said, sitting on the side of my bed. “But, out there is my normal!” I argued. “I know, believe me I know. But, maybe this'll do you some good.” Mom said, looking over at me. “It’s been three days! What good has come from this so far?” I asked, crossing my arms.

    Mom sighed. “Jenny. Why don't you go out and walk around town?” She suggested. “You haven't done that in a while.” She added. I sighed and looked out my window into our backyard. “Sure, Mom. I'll think about it.” I signed. She sighed before getting up and walking out. I set my chin in the palm of my hand and my elbow on the window frame, looking up at the sky.

    But, something caught my eye down below. I set my hands on the glass and looked down at my backyard. The branches on a tree in our yard was moving, making leaves fall. I mouthed the word ‘what’ before jumping out of my bed and quickly walking down the stairs. I saw Mom had already left for work, but shook it off. I pulled the screen door open and looked around, making sure no one was in the yard ready to break in.

    I closed the door and walked towards the tree, squinting up at the branches. I jumped back when something came down in front of me. “Well, hello, ginseng.” Eret was hanging upside down in front of me, smirking. I blinked at him, leaning backward. “Wondering how I found you or got here?” He asked. I nodded. “Well, a little birdy told me where to find you then a bigger birdy brought me here.” Eret said, looking up at the branches.

    I looked up and saw Eclipse in the branches, smiling down at us. I smiled and waved up at her. “So, how have these three days been for you?” He asked. “Terrible. Boring.” I responded. He chuckled and put his hands behind his head, still upside down. “Are you just going to hang there or are you waiting for something?” I asked. “Hmmm…” He thought, tapping his chin. “Miko told me something about a guy hanging upside down like this. What happened next..?” He mummered.

    I shook my head and started to mouth ‘So weird’, but I didn’t get the chance to get ‘weird’ because he gently grabbed both sides of my face and pulled me towards him. I gasped mutely and my eyes widened, stiffening. I didn’t know how to react. This has never happened to me before, unless Vince was trying. He slowly pulled away and looked at me. “You're blushing.” He said, chuckling.

    I started to sign as he jumped down and stood in front of me. “Wh-What d-do you expect?! Y-You didn't warn me o-or sh-show any sign of h-how you f-felt. And-!” He cut me off by grabbing my hands and putting them on his chest. I held my breath as he leaned in again and kissed me again. This time, I wasn't scared to kiss back. I closed my eyes and smiled, not being able to help it.

    “Uh, hey, Jenny! I came by to check on you before I went to-!” We both pulled away when we heard Jack’s voice. We looked over to see Miko and Jack standing a the back door. “YEEAAH BOI!” Miko yelled, fist pumping. “What are you doing here?! How did you get here?!” Jack yelled. “I came to check on Jenny.” Eret said. “And, I flew.” He added. “That looked like more than ‘checking’!” Jack yelled.

    Miko grabbed his arm and started pulling him away. “Okay, Jack-a-boy! Let's get you out of here before you blow a gasket.” She said as Jack struggled against her pull. Me and Eret looked at each other before we both started laughing, mine only coming out as air. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. ‘I can't believe I had a dream were he hurt everyone, even me.’ I thought. He smiled down at me and put his forehead against mine.

    “So, does this mean you like me back?” He asked. I let out another muted laugh and nodded, tightening my grip on his hands. ‘I take back my previous plan. I'm not going to push him or my feelings away. I'm going to hold onto them for as long as I can.’ I told myself, smiling wider than before. We both grunted, mine mute of course, when Eclipse jumped down and nuzzled her head into my back.

    I rubbed the side of her face, smiling. She let out a purr and laid down, wings folded next to her sides. I mutely gasped when Eret picked me up and spun around in a circle, laughing. He set me on my dragon's back and jumped on behind me. I sat right and looked back at him. “Eret, you know I’m not aloud.” I signed back to him. “No. You’re not allowed in the base, not on the back of your dragon.” Eret said, grabbing onto my hips, making me blush.

    Eclipse stood up and launched herself into the air. I held onto the front of the saddle as we headed up to the clouds to disappear. When we came out of the clouds, I spread my arms out and closed my eyes, Eret keeping me from falling off. Eclipse let out a warble before flipping and flying right above the clouds, her feet grazing them.

    “Well, someone seems relieved to be up here again!” Eret said, looking down at me. I leaned backward so my back was resting against his chest and my head was under his. I smiled and mouthed the word ‘yep’. He smiled and shook his head. I looked forward again and he wrapped his arms around me, setting his chin on my head. And, there was that feeling again. Feeling safe in someone’s arms.

    I leaned backwards and got closer to his chest, closing my eyes and smiling. I heard Eclipse let out a purrish/warble and felt her turn her head, most likely looking back at us. I tapped her side, loving the feeling of her scales under my hand. “I hate to say it, ginseng, but we should get you back home.” Eret said, using my nickname he gave me.

    I let out a mute groan and glared up at him. “Heh. Me and Eclipse will stay if you want.” He chuckled. “Fine!” I signed, not too happy about having to go back to my prison of a house. Eclipse turned around and flew back to my house, landing in the tree again. Eret jumped down first and looked up at me. “Come on!” He said. I slid off her back and sat on the branch he was hanging off of earlier.

    “Don't make me climb up and get you.” He warned, smirking. I blew hair out of my face and shook my head. I jumped off the branch and he caught me. But, as he wrapped his arms around my torso, I grabbed his face and kissed him. It took him by surprise, but he quickly melted into it, putting his hand on the back of my head. Eclipse let out a warble and let the tail hang next to us, the flaps on her tail looking like an upside down heart.

    He set me on the ground and pulled away. “I think I'm in love!” He said, making me giggled mutely. “Come on, let's get you inside.” He said. I nodded and walked ahead of him. I slid the door open and looked back at him before walking backwards, him and Eclipse walking in after me. My dragon maneuvered her way around her living room and laid down where her wings or tail wouldn't hit anything.

    “Nice place. Nothing like back at home.” Eret said, looking around. “Yeah. I guess you being a viking it is different.” I signed, sitting down next to Eclipse’s side, happy to be with her again. I leaned back and laid against her side. Eret sat down next me and rubbed Eclipse’s side. “You really missed her, huh?” He asked me. I nodded and started thinking, thinking of how hard it’s going to be to say good-bye to her forever when we can get them home.

    “You okay, ginseng?” Eret asked. I shook off the thought and nodded, smiling up at him. I laid my head on his shoulder and turned towards him, closing my eyes. “Heh, sweet dreams, ginseng.” Eret said, wrapping his arm around me.

1530 words