Chapter Twelve

The next day I had to explain to the riders that we wouldn't be at the base until later in the day because of school. Then, I had to explain what school was. Eclipse didn't seem to happy about not being with me, but Eret said he'd take care of her for me. I really just wish that I could stay at the base and learn more about the dragon's and their world. Mainly because I didn't want to run into Vincent.

    But, I had to go or I'd have to tell Mom and the others about his harassment. And, if I did that, that'd give them an even bigger reason not to trust me on my own. I climbed out of Optimus’s altmode and walked up the stairs, Jack climbing off Arcee. “Hey!” Miko yelled, running over with Raf. “I’m surprised you don't have a man or dragon behind you.” Miko whispered, snickering.

    I blushed and looked off to the side. Miko has been bugging me nonstop about me and Eret. And, I keep trying to tell her there is nothing going on. I'm just glad she hasn't said anything to Eret about it. That might make our friendship...awkward. We all walked up the school stairs and I saw HIM. He was looking at me with that ‘I'm going to get you’ smirk. “Jenny? You okay?” Raf asked. I shook my head and nodded. “Yeah, I-I’m okay.” I lied and looked forward again.

    Me and Miko had the first three class periods together, Vence was in two of those classes. I’m just glad Miko’s in those two with me. We both sat at the back so we could communicate with each other without getting caught. But, Miko talks loudly sometimes so she gets caught and she never let's me tell she was talking to me. Her excuse was I wouldn't last in detention, mute or not. I'd have to say Miko gave me a loosier leash than everyone else did.

    But, sadly, the class where I’m alone with him came and he sits right behind me. I tried to get the seat in the very back, but the teacher wanted me up front at the very beginning of the year. So, Vence took advantage of that and sat behind me. Now, I have to deal with him messing with the back of my shirt and my hair. I tapped my fingers against my desk and clenched up when he touched me. “Ya know, if you just be my girlfriend, this wouldn't be weird anymore.” Vence said.

    I glared down at my desk and didn't move, just wishing I could have a bot step on him. The bell finally rang and I jumped up. But, he grabbed my arm. “Meet me in the ally near the school, or your nerd friend gets it.” Vence hissed before walking off. I held onto my bag strap and walked out of the room.

    He was using Raf as leverage on me. Raf was younger than all of us, so we had to take care of him, keep him safe. If Vence hurts him because I didn't listen, it would be on me. I gulped and continued to go about my day, like nothing happened.

    I had my next period alone, then two with Jack, sat at lunch with the gang, had one more period, then, school ended. For once, I wished school didn't end. I bit my tongue and walked down the sidewalk, towards the ally. Usually, I'd ride to the base with Jack, so he's most likely going to call the base and freak everyone out. But, I couldn't worry about that right now. I had to make sure he didn't hurt Raf.

    But, the problem was, I didn't know with ally to go to. I mutely sighed and continued forward. Suddenly, a hand grabbed me and pulled me into an ally and threw me against the wall. “I thought you weren't coming.” Vence said, grabbing my wrists. I thrashed around, trying to get out of his grip, but he wouldn't let go. “Now, that’s not very nice, is it?” He asked, smirking. I glared at him before spitting in his face.

    He groaned in disgust before throwing me to the ground. I mutely screamed and grunted when I hit the ground. I rolled onto my back and looked up at him, panting and staring at him wide eyed. “If you wanted it ruff, you could have just asked.” He sneered, walking towards me. I shook my head and mouthed the word ‘no’ over and over, backing up with tears in my eyes.

    But, we both stopped when there was a thud behind me and the ground shook. I covered my mouth and curled my legs up to my chest, tears going down my face, scared it was a Decepticon. “Wh-What the-?!” Vence was cut off when there was a loud roar behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my ears, even more scared. Vence turned and ran out of the ally, almost falling. I sat there, shaking and letting out ragged breaths. “Jenny!” I heard someone yell before hearing a thud and footsteps running towards me.

    I kept my eyes closed and put my hands over my head, stiffening. They knelt down in front of me. “Jenny, are you okay?!” They asked, touching my arm. But, the sudden touch made me freak out and I started trying to slap and kick them away. “Whoa! Jenny!” They yelled, taken aback. I let out a mute scream when they grabbed my arms and made me stop struggling. “Jenny! It’s me!” They said. I opened my eyes, gasping for air, and saw Eret.

    I slowly started to calm down, staring at him wide eyed. “There ya go.” He said, softly, holding onto my hands. I looked back when there was a hot breath against my back. Eclipse was staring at me with worried eyes and nuzzled my back. I pulled one of my hands out of Eret’s and rubbed her nose, making her purr. “Are you okay?” Eret asked. I whipped my face off and nodded.

    “Y-Yeah. N-Now that y-you two ar-are h-here.” I signed, shaking. Eclipse let out a crooning noise and nuzzled my arm and side and Eret smiled softly. I blinked when I thought I saw a small blush on his face. But, I shook it off, thinking my head was playing tricks on me. He picked me up bridal style, making me blush, and walked over to Eclipse. He climbed onto my dragon and held onto me as she flew into the air.

    I looked up at Eret as we soared above the clouds in silence. He didn't look calm, but he didn't look upset or angered by what happened in the alley. I frowned and curled up into a ball and leaned against him as we flew. He looked down at me and rubbed my arm. I felt comfort when he did that and smiled softly to myself. Eclipse looked back at us and let out a warble before flying a little higher into the air and looking forward.

    “We’ll be there shortly, ginseng.” He said, using the nickname he gave me. I giggled to myself and nodded, not looking up from my passion. I liked this. The silence, the feeling of the wind, the sound of Eclipse’s wings mixed with the sound of Eret’s heartbeat, and feeling someone hold me protectively.

    Maybe, I do like him…

    I hate it when Miko’s right.

1264 words