Family

I just stood there dumbfounded by what Ragnok said.

There was no way that was true.

I just started moving and left the bank. Pondering over what Ragnok actually meant by calling me the heir to Helbrosa Hogwarts.

I just shrugged it off as spur of the moment nonsense. Walking through the wall that concealed Dragon Alley from the muggle world, I made my way back to Number 4 Privet Drive, having several questions to ask my aunt.

Upon opening the door, I was embraced in a tight hug from my aunt. "I saw the letter on your desk. I am so sorry that happened!" She exclaimed after pulling away, tears in her eyes.

"Aunt Petunia, it's fine. I got the matter cleared up, also learned a few things about our lineage."

"What do you mean by 'our lineage'?" My aunt asked warily.

"I know you're a pureblood, Aunt Petunia. The head of Gringotts wanted to talk to me about my creature inheritance, as Dumbledore never told me anything about my lineage. And that led to a small amount of research about my heritage, and a few other things along those lines," I responded.

"Well, I am a pureblood witch now, rather than squib, but I have no idea how to do magic. Dumbledore didn't even bother to allow me to have my sister tutor me in magic. One of the few reasons why I hate that man," my aunt said coldly.

"I hate that man to, turns out he and a few of his mindless followers were using the main Potter vault to fund themselves, the order, and the school," I spay out. The thought of Dumbledore alone makes me sick.

My aunt had a look of pure outrage on her face. "That... that greasy, manipulative, sick.... slimy, disgusting old man!" She sputtered out in a screech.

I just nodded, wishing I could give him a piece of my mind already.

"Anyways, tomorrow I'm supposed to come into my inheritance, though I have no clue what its going to be. There is no chance of predicting what I'm going to be, based on the long lineage of the Potters."

"For one thing, the more powerful the creature, the more pain you will be in as your body changes to hold all that power. When I came into my magic, I also came into a creature in heritance, and just let me say, it damn well hurt," my aunt said with the slightest hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Well then, I suppose I'm going to be in much pain tomorrow. What a wonderful way to start my birthday!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"I know the feeling," she grimaced, but lightened up as she remembered somwthing. "Actually, Vernon and Dudley have inheritances too! As surprising as it may seem."

I just nodded, all traces of fury or any negativity toeards anyone was replaced with happiness at the knowledge that my Uncle and cousin aren't left out of the magical world.

"Just what creatures are you three?" I ask, realising I didn't know.

"Let us show you," she said.

I nodded, before realizing something was confuaing me. "Fine, but quick question, is Smeltings a lower status wizarding school, seeing as both Uncle Vernon and Dudley were taught there?"

My aunt nodded her head and led us to the sitting room, where both my uncle and cousin were waiting anxiously.

They both jumped up in joy at the sight of me arriving in one piece, and unharmed.

"Oh, thank the lord! You're ok!" My uncle exclaimed happily, while pulling me into a tight bear hug.

I shrugged him off as I replied, "All matters were taken care of. But I do have to return tomorrow as I have to register my creature inheritance, and claim any lordship or heirships I might have," I explained quickly.

My uncle and cousin shared a look with Aunt Petunia, and she nodded, confirming something.

Suddenly, I brought my arms up to my face to shield my eyes from the brilliant white light that emitted from my relatives.

When I knew it was safe, I brought my arms down, gasping in awe at my family.

In front of me stood a wolf, with long and shimmery copper fur. A red wolf, quite rare, as you usually see brown, or black fur. That was my aunt.

My cousin Dudley happened to be a vampire, which did shock me a little, it just didn't seem red eyes and pale skin for him that well.

My uncle was an albino wolf. His snow white fur practically blinding as he raised his head.

"Well, I must say, these are quite the rare forms. You don't usually see wolves, much less those with white or copper-red fur. Vampires don't show up much, so they are considered a dying race. Nice to know that isn't exactly true."

My family returned to their normal selves in another flash, though this one was much less bright.

"And tomorrow, you will get to experience the same awe of being in a different form that is foreign, but so familiar too. Even if it will hurt like hell probably," my cousin announced with a grin that could break his face if he smiled much longer.

"Most definitely," I respond, feeling lighter at the words my cousin spoke. "Now enough creatures for one night! Let's have some family fun!"

They all agreed enthusiastically.

It was late into the night when we all decided it was time to turn in for the night.

Except for me, I couldn't help but toss and turn, an uncomfortable pain in my back.

I also had an increasing headache, making my vision blurred than usual.

What the bloody he'll is going on with me? Did Dumblefu-Dumbledore put some sort of sodding curse on me? He shouldn't have learned about my decisions that fast! It was barely 10 hours ago! I thought to myself.

Dumbledore shouldn't make another attempted transaction until about mid-August, so news of my little 'escapade' shouldn't reach his ears until about that time.

So the pain I was feeling made no sense.

Just shrugging it off as several cramps and not enough water,  I returned to my efforts in trying to fall asleep.

Until I heard a whisper.

I opened my eyes and looked around the darkness of my room.

Again the voice whispered, but I saw a figure move time, my eyes instantly seeing every little detail in the dark.

Nervously, I got out of bed, caution immediately taking over my actions.

Slowly treading over the usually squeaky floor boards, I slowly felt around my room, trying to find what ever was was in my room.

I jumped when I felt a breath on my neck. Shooting almost five feet forward, I quickly turn around to see a cloaked figure standing a foot above me.

Their voice was a familiar that sounded silvery, watery, almost like shadows as they spoke. "Harry James Potter, what a surprise. Seeing me move in the shadows is an ability very few people have."

I shivered at the familiar sounding voice. But did my best to answer calmly. "Who are you?"

"Just an old friend."

I froze. My blood ran cold as I realized who it was. A child's worst nightmare. My worst nightmare.

"Happy 16th birthday, boy. I do believe it's time my heir came along. Not just my heir, but the heir to many," the voice mused.

Before blacking out from immense pain in my back, and my brain catching up to my fear, I asked, "Who else am I the heir of besides you? Tell me Death."