A Slightly Unusual Day

In our entrance hall, stood the one and only Kingsley Shacklebolt.

I just stood frozen, fear overriding all my other instincts.

After several minutes of just very uncomfortable silence and a long staring contest.

It was all broken by what Shacklebolt said next, stunning us all into surprise.

"I want to change to your side of this damned war."

The sentence rung out in the silence that followed, leaving my parents, godfather, and I with our mouths to the floor, eyes bulging out of their sockets.

After several moments of shocked silence, my godfather regained his composure and stepped forward.

"Why, pray tell, is the reason behind that claim?" he asks, devoid of all emotion.

"Long story short, and something I am very sure you already know, is Dumbledore is using several people as pawns, the most wealthy one being Harry Potter. How else do you think the Order has managed to stay afloat this long?" he responds, a sneer on his face after describing what he thought as Dumbledore's despicable actions.

I just couldn't believe my ears. Dumbledore was able to stoop so low as to stealing from the magical world's supposed only hope?

"Well then. Kingsley Shacklebolt, I welcome you to out side of the war. You have allowed Dumbledore to lose one of his greater assets, and bringing it to us, and I could not thank you enough," my godfather said with a small smile.

Shacklebolt just nodded in response, holding his hand out, to finish making a deal, or to just regreet my godfather in a much politer manner.

"Pleasure is mine, Mr...?"

"Just call me by my given name, Tom Riddle, please. It would be much appreciated."

"Alright then, is there anythi mg at this moment in time I could do to help change the tides of war?" Shacklebolt asked, one eyebrow raised.

"For now, I would like to try to get other Aurors on our side. The, quote on quote, light side, would lose a means of defense, and a sense of security. Also, the Aurors would do well in combat, should the need arise."

"I shall be on my way then," he responded, giving a sharp movement of his head as a good-bye, before leaving with the usual crack that came with an apprarition.

Still slightly surprised at this most recent turn of events, my family got their minds back in their brains, and their mouths off the floor.

"This is certainly an unusual morning, isn't it?" My mother asked us all softly.

Father and I gave a curt nod of our heads, before I smirked.  "Well, it seems odds are beginning to work in our favor, doesn't it?"

The three adults gave a small chuckle along with a shake of their heads as they returned to the dining room to finish the late morning meal.

It was only midafternoon when a letter arrived for me by owl.

Upon opening the letter, I realized it was from Gringotts, something regarding about how I just woke up, and coming fully into my creature inheritance.

Just giving a quick shrug, I changed into some more casual wear. Something like black trousers and a simple black silk shirt gave me a feeling of comfort, as that is what rich, arrogant and snooty to the outside world, and magical pureblood wizards are brought up into liking.

Before heading out, I told my family I had some business in Diagon Alley to take care of.

They said it was fine, and Tom agreed to take me there via apparition.

Tom and I walked yo the outside of the manor, making it easier for Tom to clear his head and visualize where we were going to land.

With a simple intake of breath, tingling, and a couple of sharp cracks, I was standing right in front of the brick wall behind the Leaky Cauldron.

I said goodbye to Tom, and I told him I would meet him here again by about 5 o'clock pm, which was a couple hours from now.

With that familiar sound of disapparation, I tapped on the wall, and there opened the door to one of the greater things about the  magical world.

Here, I felt I could be myself, as no-one decided to give to shites about you. To them, you are just another person. Thank Merlin for that.

Unless you happen to be Saint Potter.

Shaking my mind and getting the thought of that ridiculously attractive boy and any other thoughts like that out of my head, I started walking along the main road of Diagon Alley, leading myself straight to Gringotts bank.

Upon entering the enormous, and frankly, quite busy building, I steered myself to an open counter.

"Um, excuse me?" I said, slightly nervous. These goblins were quite unpredictable.

The goblin looked at me after taking their eyes off several documents.

"Sorry to disturb you, but I'm here for something about my inheritance? Last name Malfoy, first is Draco."

The goblin nodded, ringing up another to deal with me, all while muttering under their breath about incompetent magic folk.

I bristled slightly at the rude comment, deciding yo hold my tongue. I really didn't want to make matters tense between my family and the goblins just by saying something snarky.

Several minutes later, a goblin that went by the name of Silverblade lead me through a door towards several hallways with rooms lining the sides.

After several, alright, too many turns, we finally stopped and walked into the empty room.

"Step in here, this is the Malfoy meeting room," Silverblade said.

Quite curious at how the Malfoys line had a meeting room in Gringotts, I let that thought take over my mind while Silverblade meddlded with several objects.

"Young Malfoy!" Silverblade said firmly, bringing me back to reality.

"Yes?"

"Poke your finger please. This will register your inheritance with the bank, as well as find out some information that we goblins need to know."

Doing as Silverblade said, I poked my finger with a small wince, and watched the beady scarlet drops slide down the side of my finger, and fall onto the parchment underneath.

The blood began swirling, forming words, and turning into an official looking document.

Silverblade grabbed it, scanning over all the information, before a cruel smile formed on their lips.

Silverblade looked back at me, grin still in place. "You do realise you woke up on Harry Potter's birthday, right?"

I nodded hesitantly.

"Well, did you know that if one mate goes through a creature inheritance first, that they fall into a coma like state until the other mate comes into inheritance?"

The realization hit me like a hippogriff going 1000 miles an hour.