62 | Practice Makes Perfect

Rosalie trailed alongside Joanna past her locker and through the trophy hall at the front of Bradshaw. All the while, her head was swimming. Her thoughts collected in crystal clear pools that reflected the kiss against the bathroom tiles. She could feel a light ghost of pressure against her lips just thinking about it. The tinge of metal against her lip cast a shiver up her spine, and she masked it by putting a hand to her hair. It didn't change the fact that she was entirely hoping for the moment Joanna kissed her like that again.

I wonder if I'll always feel like this, she thought as she catalogued the symptoms of her demise. They were barely off of the curb when her her heart started racing again. She tugged at her ponytail to keep herself occupied, but she was hyperaware of Joanna's arm brushing hers as they slipped between parked cars and navigated around side mirrors. Joanna trailed behind her, just a tad, and Rosalie came to understand just how normal this was.

But it wasn't like every other time Joanna drove her around.

Rosalie recognized the Lieutenant's car with ease, and as she approached the passenger door, she was more than prepared for the moment she felt Joanna's hand on her wrist.

When she turned, she opened her mouth to meet Joanna's red lipstick. Joanna kissed her with enough force to back her into the car. Joanna's hand held her by the wrist, and as Rosalie clutched to the sleeve of Joanna's coat, she pulled on Joanna's hip, her fingers slipping underneath her jacket .

While Rosalie ran her fingers over the edge of Joanna's belt, her focus was almost entirely on the motion Joanna set with her lips, molding their mouths together until Joanna's tongue ran along Rosalie's bottom lip.

A shiver rolled up Rosalie's spine, and she couldn't mask her smile. Joanna closed her mouth over Rosalie's lips, parting with one last, short kiss.

"Fuck," Joanna whispered.

Rosalie opened her eyes to the sight of Joanna's brown irises mere inches in front of her. Rosalie released the breath she held her in chest, a strand of her hair falling between her eyes. Her ponytail was falling out.

Her phone buzzed in her blazer pocket.

Joanna looked down at it. Rosalie slapped her hand over it, a shock of annoyance rendering her momentarily speechless. Joanna huffed, grinning like the devil she was. She reached for the passenger door handle next to Rosalie's hip. As she swung it up, she gestured dramatically for Rosalie to enter.

Rosalie dropped into the passenger's seat, lips still tingling, and pulled her phone out. She touched her fingers to her lips as Joanna shut the door beside her, and she looked back to let her eyes trail after Joanna as she rounded the hood. Her jacket was still unzipped, and Rosalie could see now that she had untucked a bit of Joanna's button up.

The fact that Joanna let her was a tad bit unbelievable, and warranted a dust of pink to coat Rosalie's cheeks.

The things Joanna let her do was unfathomable enough as it was.

Rosalie buckled up before reading the notification on her screen. She groaned at the name on her screen as Joanna opened the driver's side.

"What is it?" Joanna asked.

"Nothing," Rosalie sighed. "Just Sami. I'm letting him know I don't need to get picked up."

She wasn't entirely lying, which was what made the words so easy to say. She did need to inform Sami, but knowing him, he was likely already deep in his artistic zone back at the Griffin household.