Chapter 12

Standing in front of Jungkook's door, Rin was contemplating whether to go inside to visit him or not. She had witnessed him fainting on the hallways so she knew the fall was pretty bad and he had to be rushed to the infirmary by his friend.

A huge part of her wanted to stop worrying about the guy who had only caused her pain but a small part of her wanted to make sure if he was doing fine. After all, he was still her childhood friend and no matter what had happened between them the guy was still someone precious in her life.

Shoving away the negative thought, she twisted the knob and push the door to enter the room where Jungkook and Mrs. Jeon were having a discussion. Her entrance immediately made them turn their head on her way and she gave them an apologetic smile for interrupting them.

"Hi" she greeted both of them and shuffled towards the bed beside Jennie while Jungkook stared at her with big twinkling eyes.

"See Rin, he is acting like a child " she huffed slightly irritated by her son's behavior.

Rin shifted her weight from one foot to another feeling slightly awkward under his gaze which took no name for wavering from her.

"You should Ummm eat and gain some energy" Rin advised playing with her fingers in nervousness.

"Feed me then" the next words that came out of his mouth made her entire body go stiff. She could feel her throat going dry as her lips trembled hard to protest his request.

"This boy and his demand! you really like troubling Rin right" Jennie scolded her son and handed the bowl to Rin so that she could feed him.

Rin hesitantly took the bowl. No matter how much she wanted to deny Jungkook's request, she couldn't bring herself to do it. Plus, she didn't want to create any scene in front of her.

Shifting forward, Rin raised the spoon with porridge and brought it near to his lips. When their eyes met, uneasiness bubbled inside her stomach noticing the intensity with which he was still gawking at her.

"I'm going to complain to the principal about your coach, How dare he make you work until you could barely stand?" She was lamenting Jungkook's basketball coach believing the intense training he was making her son go was the root cause for Jungkook to collapse.

Jennie remained by their side complaining about unbearable training and all the other stuff while Rin fed Jungkook, who longingly gazed at her with glossy eyes for the entire time.

His eyes were a mirror to all the painful emotion he was going through and gazing into them directly, Rin could physically feel him. It made her feel guilty even when he was solely responsible for ruining everything they could ever have.

After the bowl was empty, the first thought that came into her mind was to quickly escape the situation but Jungkook ruined her plan by asking for another bowl of porridge which resulted in Mrs. Jeon leaving them behind to fetch one from the kitchen.

As soon as, Mrs. Jeon left Jungkook pounced on her latching onto her like a puppy who had found back his master.

"I'm so sorry Rin, I didn't know I much I was hurting you so much" He buried his face on her neck and spilled his emotions begging for her forgiveness.

"I finally understand what you were going through, I'm sorry I was such an idiot" He cursed himself for all of his stupid actions. Now that he got the taste of his own medicine, he had perceived how much he was hurting Rin by dating other girls keeping her on the sideline.

Rin was in sheer panic mode, not knowing how to react to the guilt-ridden guy begging for her forgiveness, she blurted out at once "It's okay, It's okay I forgive you" She awkwardly patted his back in the hope he would stop squashing her with his muscular arms.