Chapter 20

Her clothes and hair were slicked with perspiration and clinging to her skin as she jogged dashing inside Junkook's room.  Exhausted, she bent down, her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. Her lungs felt like they would burst and her throat was so dry that she had difficulty swallowing her own spit.

Standing straight but still breathing hard, she placed her hand on her hip meeting the eyes of people who were staring at her with a cold gaze and suddenly she began regretting ever existing.

Jungkook was on his bed with Mrs. Jeon and her mother at his side, hostility radiating off from both of them as they at glared her with resentful eyes.

"You-"Jennie began in a sharp tone but before she could even start Jungkook stopped her.

"Mom please, We two can resolve it on our own, Please" his voice cracked and the hard demeanor of both of the women melted due to his plea.

"If you say so" she mumbled then placing a kiss on his forehead, both of the women passed by Rin giving her a shoulder bump.

She couldn't understand why was she subjected to the harsh treatment when she had come back running the moment she had received the message of Jungkook fainting leaving her boyfriend's soothing arms.

Gathering herself, she rubbed her temple then darted her eyes back to Jungkook.

"Hey" she gave him a slight smile.

"Hi" Jungkook responded with a faint one.

He looked extremely exhausted and that caused her heart to ache. Taking small steps towards him, she positioned beside Jungkook, who shifted a little to provide more space for her to fit.

"How are you feeling?" She asked meeting his tired eyes.

"Not good,"  He blurted out without masking his true feelings.

"Is it hurting?" she spoke in a soft voice referring to his head to which Jungkook responded with a head nod.

"It is hurting a lot," Jungkook expressed with a longing look.

"Here," he then took her hand and placed it on top of his beating chest knocking the air out of her lungs.

Rin immediately withdrew her hand and looked away but Jungkook made her turn to him cupping her cheeks with his bandaged hands.

Her heart slowly picked up its pace and she lifted her eyes only to be greeted with a pair of doe eyes staring right through her soul. His eyes were the mirror to pure agony causing her heart to twist in all possible ways.

"It pains so much that it makes dying look painless" Jungkook admitted in mumbles laced with despair letting the agony be shown on his face.

Jungkook was still stuck in the past and realizing this only brought distress to her. She had already moved on and didn't appreciate Jungkook trying to drag her back. For Rin, her feelings for Jungkook were pages of her history that she never wished to turn again. It was something she was highly ashamed of and would gladly erase if given the chance to do so.

"Don't do this to yourself please" Rin pleaded in a small voice then bit her lips to stop them from trembling. Her feelings may have disappeared but Jungkook was someone she had grown up with so seeing him in pain was the last thing she aspired for. She wanted him to be happy even if she could not be part of his future, she sincerely wished only good for him.

"We were toxic," She added hoping Jungkook could understand that their relationship was never good news and it did nothing but ruin them both.

"If you are toxic, I'm a snake, I thrive in your presence but lose my identity if you fade" he pressed their forehead together praying for her to come back to him. This was getting too suffocating for him.