The Portkey

I'm awakened when my mother nudges me awake, she pulls back my curtains and I see that it's still pitch black outside, a crescent moon sits high in the sky. Of course, I'm immediately picture in my head Dumbledore's glasses. I got out of bed groggily, even standing up was a lot of effort.

" I bought you some new Muggle clothes last week, go put them on quickly and I'll get you breakfast."

That's right, father and I would be traveling on foot to the designated place where the portkey is. Muggles might spot us on our way there, so Muggle attire would be essential.

I tried them on, simple black jeans, a grey jumper with a yellow stripe across the chest, a leather jacket and white......... I think Muggles call them runners? They're very odd shoes, but they're comfortable and I do feel like I could run in them. I guess that's why they gave them that name.

I combed my hair in front of the mirror, making sure every strand of hair was in place. Well, what can I say? I take pride in my appearance.

Huh, I thought, I actually suit these clothes.

"Cedric! Breakfast is on the table!"

I hop down the stairs two at a time to get my breakfast sooner. The sooner were I get out the house the better, I'm starting to get anxious to get to the Cup. My father sits at the table with a mug of coffee and his Daily Prophet, I sit across from him and start eating my poached eggs. Father put down the newspaper and looked at me.

"Good morning, Ced." He smiled.

" Mornin'." I said between chewing my food.

" Cedric! Don't eat with your full!" My mother scolded at me.

" Oh, he's alright. We're in a rush today dear." Said my father.

I swallowed my food before I spoke again.

" So where's the portkey, dad?" I asked

"It's up the top of Stoatshead Hill, that's where we're going."

" Is it far."

" Yes."

I sighed and drank my coffee, it was going to take a lot of caffeine to get me through this. I wish I could just Apparate already. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My father and I set on foot to Stoatshead   Hill, the night air was chilly, and I found myself hugging my jacket for protection. It was long journey, my feet were getting more sore with each step, but at least after walking so long my body built up heat. My father and I had debated about who was better, Krum, the Bulgarian Seeker or Lynch, the Irish seeker.

" Lynch is a good flyer, and he he's got good  eye for finding the Snitch." Father said.

" That's true. But Krum can do the Wronski Feint." I replied.

We continued our hot debate until we arrived at the top of Stoatshead Hill we both let out big sighs of relief. We started searching for the portkey, looking behind bushes, under rocks and in the trees.

" Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!"

I looked up from the ground where I was searching to find seven figures silhouetted against the night sky.

" Amos!" cried Mr Weasley, smiling as he walked over to my father, the rest of the six followed behind him.

Mr Weasley shook hands with my father, who was holding a mouldy-looking old boot.