The Dark Mark

The end of the day was a success. Bulgaria didn't win, but my spirits were so high from just watching the match and hearing people cheer, it didn't matter to me. The match ended with BULGARIA: ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY and IRELAND: ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY. Ireland won the match, but Krum got the Snitch. It was certainly going to be the talk of the country the next few months. I'm really not sure why Krum would end the match when Ireland were winning, but I guess maybe he thought the Irish Chasers were too good.

We were waking back to the camp, my dad looking proud with his giant leprechaun hat perched on his head, and a sparkling shamrock pinned on his robes. I caught the sound of voices singing old songs I had never heard before, I didn't have the slightest idea of what the words meant because they were sung in Irish.

My father and I returned to our tent as soon as we reached the camp, our feet practically dragging on the ground. We both said goodnight with stifled yawns, and I sank onto my bed after changing into my pyjamas. I fell asleep very quickly once my head hit the pillow.

I snatched the Snitch into my grasp, and hold it up high for the crowd to see. The crowd goes wild, whistling, hooting, yelling or else cheering on my name. I land down onto the ground gently, where I'm then greeted by a beautiful girl. Her shiny black hair is flying behind her as she rushes towards me, her arms outstretched. I stretch out my arms too, and run towards her to close the distance. I have my arms wrapped around her waist as she kisses me passionately on the cheek. My blood rushes up to my cheeks, tinting my skin slightly red. The stadium is filled with the noise of people cheering on my name...

"Cedric! Cedric! Cedric! Cedric!"

But suddenly, I'm being nudged by someone, and the world fades away before my eyes. And Cho is no longer in my arms....

"Cedric! Get up! Quick!"

My eyes fly open, and I sit up in bed, disoriented and confused.

"Oh finally. I called you a million times, while you rambled on about Cho Chang and giggling like a girl." my father sighed, exasperated.

'Oh God! I talked in my sleep again!'

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"We don't have time! Get your shoes on quickly!" He demanded.

"What-"

"NOW!"

I jumped out of bed and hurriedly put my shoes on. My dad was obviously worked up about something, but I had no clue what. I was tying my shoelaces as fast as I could, but there was no time.

"Don't bother! Quickly!" my father yelled.

We speed walked out the tent, where we were greeted by the sight of chaos. People were running around screaming out profanities, and parents were clinging onto their children desperately. Why? What was the source of all this terror?

My father suddenly clutched my arm and dragged me way, and we started running frantically. We ran through the forest, our breath coming out in big white clouds. But I tripped over my shoelace and face planted onto the forest floor.

"Cedric!" My dad yelled.

My father rushed over to me, helping me back up onto my feet. I looked up from the ground, that's when I saw the sky for the first time....