Beauxbatons and Durmstrang •~•~•¥•~•~•

Hogwarts will always be better! Even though it's name means pig spots ...

Whoever came up with the name must of had very good humour. Must have been Hufflepuff. 💛🖤

                        •~•~•¥•~•~•

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT
The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday 30th of October. Lessons will half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories and assemble in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast.

Today was the 30th October, the day everyone had been anticipating. When we went down to breakfast, we all found that the Great Hall had been decorated with silk banners. Each banner represented a house- red with a gold lion for Gryffindor, blue with a bronze eagle for Ravenclaw, yellow with a black badger for Hufflepuff and green with a silver serpent for Slytherin. We all left our bags at our dorms and left to go to the front of the castle where we would meet the other schools. I was curious to know how their accents sounded and what their uniforms looked like.

I was never prepared for how they arrived.

All the students and teachers gathered at the Entrance Hall, the Heads of houses were sorting students into their lines, I got into the Hufflepuff line quickly.

"Weasley, straighten your hat." Professor McGonagall barked. "Miss Patil, take that ridiculous thing out of your hair." Parvati reluctantly took out a large, ornamental butterfly out of her hair.

McGonagall ordered everyone to follow her, while making sure the first years went in front and that no one was pushing. We walked down the steps and lined up in front of the castle. When we walked out the front doors, I clutched my cloak tighter to myself to keep out the cold. The evening sky was dark, and the moon shone over us.

We waited for the foreign schools to arrive, I heard people murmuring about how they would arrive, what would their means of transport be? Some people had their theories - a Portkey, broomsticks, Apparition (that one was stupid, you can't Apparatus inside the Hogwarts grounds). I was thinking of riding on flying horses.

"Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beaxbatons approaches!" Dumbledore called out.

We all looked around in different directions, eager to see Beauxbatons arriving. And then, I saw something large in the sky, Congress towards the castle.

"It's a dragon!" one of the first-years shouted.

"Dont be stupid... it's a flying house!" the eldest Creevey boy called out.

In fact, his guess was closer than the rest. A giant black shape came hurtling towards us. As the lights from the castle shone onto it, we saw the it was blue, horse drawn carriage. Each horse was a palomino, they had big, strong wings, and the horses themselves were the size of elephants.

The carriage landed down on the ground with an enormous thud. Now that I had a closer look, I could the horses' hair was golden, and their eyes we're a fiery red. The carriage door bore a coat of arms, two crossed golden wands, each emitting three stars. The door opened, and a boy in pale blue robes jumped down from the carriage, he bent down and unfolded a set of golden steps.

The boy stood up straight again, when the largest woman I've ever seen stepped out from the carriage. The woman wore shiny black heels, wore a black satin dress, with many gleaming opals hanging from her neck and on her fingers, and had her hair in a neat bob.

Dumbledore started to clap, and we all quickly followed him with a round of applause. The woman relaxed into a warm smile, before walking towards Dumbledore and extending her hand to him. He barely had to bend down to kiss it.

"My dear Madame Maxime, welcome to Hogwarts." Dumbledore said.

"Dumbly-dorr," Madame Maxime said, I was surprised by how deep her voice was. "I 'ope I find you well?"

"On excellent form, I thank you."

Madame Maxime waved over to her pupils to come forward. They all shivered in the cold, which wasn't surprising, since their robes were made of fine blue silk. They looked up at the castle, seeming reluctant to go in.

                ・~・~・¥・~・~・

A while later, the lake started to act starngley, suddenly there was a whirlpool in the middle of the lake. Slowly, a ship started to emerge from the water's depths.
The ship looked skeletal, like a ship wreck that rose up from the bottom of the ocean. Well, I guess that's literally what it is.

The whirlpool slowed down, getting slower  and smaller until the lake's surface calmed down again. A plank was lowered down from the ship, and people started disembarking it. As their silhouettes drew closer, they finally came into the light, and I could see that they all wore bulky fur cloaks.

"Dumbledore!" a man called out as he walked towards us. He wore a sleek silver fur coat, unlike the rest of them who wore cloaks with matted, shaggy fur. He had a silver goatee that would never beat the likes of Dumbledore's beard. I still can't believe he was able to grow his hair that long... maybe some sort of potion?

"How are you, my dear fellow, how are you?" Karkaroff asked.

"Blooming, thank you, Professor Karkaroff." Dumbledore said.

"Dear old Hogwarts, how good it is to be here, how good... Viktor, come along, into the warmth... you don't mind, Dumbledore? Viktor has a slight head cold..."

One of the students, the one Karkaroff had beckoned forwards, passed the line of students towards the great oak doors.

'It's Viktor Krum... ' I gasped

                ・~・~・¥・~・~・