The Champions

The next morning, as everyone went down to the Entrance Hall, I saw people crowded round the Goblet of Fire and examining it. Last night I had told everyone in the Hufflepuff common room about me entering the Tournament. Everyone cheered, and gave a round of applause. Although being in the limelight like that was a bit uncomfortable. Apparently, Fred and George Weasley tried to put their names in the Goblet. And they did, successfully...

With side effects.

They took an Ageing potion to pass the Age Line, but as soon as Fred put his name in, both twins were thrown out of the circle around the Goblet. Each of them had grown long white beards, almost resembling Dumbldore's. When I first met Dumbledore, I secretly wished I could run my fingers through his long, silvery beard. It sounds weird I know.

When I entered the Great Hall, I saw that the decorations had changed. Instead of the House banners last night, there were live bats flapping their wings around the enchanted ceiling, and hundreds of carved pumpkins either smiled or glared at you from every corner. I love Halloween, but seeing Muggles dressed up as wizards and witches is kind of annoying. Sometimes I'll see a witch with green skin and a big, beakey noise. Who the hell was person that thought of that?!

{But seriously though, who the hell thought witches have green skin?! }

The whole day, through hours of classes, the suspense was absolutely killing me. It was like those butterflies you get in your stomach, except those butterflies had taken to fighting each other viciously. It was so hard waiting. Waiting to find out who the champions were, more specifically, the one chosen to represent Hogwarts.

Finally, after an eternity, everyone went down to the Great Hall for the Halloween Feast. The Goblet of Fire had been moved, instead it stood in front of Dumbledore's empty chair at the top table. As much as I wanted the Feast to hurry up, I couldn't make myself eat faster. In fact, everyone seemed to take longer than usual to clear the plates since we already had a Feast last night.

And finally, every plate was empty, and murmurs grew louder. As soon as Dumbledore stood up, the talking disappeared.

"Well, the Goblet is almost ready to make it's decision." Dumbledore said, and all the anxiety came flooding back. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - he pointed at the oak door behind the teachers' table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

Dumbledore gave a flick of his wand and the room plunged into darkness. The only exception was the candles burning in the pumpkins, and the Goblet of Fire, burning a sparkling blue-white. It was simply dazzling. A few people were checking their watches impatiently.

The flames abrubtly turned a scorching red, and sparks began flying from it like fireworks. A flame shot out of it, like a tongue, and a single piece of parchment flew down into Dumbledore's grasp.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, loud and clear. "will be Viktor Krum."

'No surprise there. ' I thought.

A huge round of applause broke the silence. Viktor rose from his seat at the Slytherin table and walked up to the staff table, and passed through the door into the next chamber.

"Bravo, Viktor!" Karkaroff yelled proudly. "Knew you had it in you!"

A second piece of parchment shot out from the flames, and Dumbledore caught it before it could hit the ground.

"The champion for Beauxbatons, is Fleur Delacour!"

A girl from the Ravenclaw table rose from her seat, and proceeded up towards the oak door behind the staff table. She had long silvery blonde hair, and she resembled Veela. She disapeared through the door, and finally the last piece of parchment shot out of the fiery tongues and landed in Dumbledore's palm. The piece of parchment that would determine the champion of Hogwarts.

"The Hogwarts champion," he said out loud, by now the butterflies were attacking the walls of my stomach, begging to get out, "is Cedric Diggory!"

                ・~・~・¥・~・~・

YASSS! We finally made it!  I'm so sorry this took so long! I forgot! 😅

Thank you to the few people who have stayed with me through this! 💖

SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY!
💛🖤💛🖤💛

HARRY POTTER STINKS!
😝😝😝😝😝