harry?

SABRINA

"Hello cousin," greeted my cousin Ambrose as I sat across from him at lunch.

"Hey Ambrose," I said.

"How's your first day at Baxter High going?" He asked.

"Interesting to say the least," I sighed. "This morning's tour with Dorcas started out my day on a.. interesting note."

"Oh man," Ambrose said. "They put you with Dorcas?? I'm sorry, cousin."

"It's okay," I said. "She was... nice enough."

"Anything else interesting happen?" He asked.

"Well," I say. "There was this one guy who stared at me for all of Literature and came up to me afterwards."

"Really?" Ambrose asked. "What was his name."

"I think I was Nick or something," I respond.

Ambrose stopped mid-chew and stared at me with wide eyes.

"Do you mean Nick Scratch?" He asked.

"Maybe," I said. "I didn't catch his last name."

"Well it must have been," Ambrose continued. "Because he's walking over here right now."

"You're kidding," I groaned.

Before I could turn around or say another word, I felt Nick's hands gently touch my shoulders.

"Spellman," Nick said. "I hope you didn't think I'd leave you alone that easily."

"A girl can dream," I sighed.

Nick smirked slightly and sat down beside me, rather closely, actually, causing for slight chills to go up and down my spine.

"Ambrose," Nick commented. "Nice to see you."

Ambrose was still wide-eyed and unable to shake his shock and confusion from his demeanor.

"Nice to see you too, mate," Ambrose replies reluctantly.

"So Spellman," Nick asked. "When are you gonna drop the act and let me take you out."

Ambrose's mouth dropped as my brow raised.

"What act?" I asked.

"You're playing hard to get, love," Nick explained. "I've seen it a thousand times and know exactly what you're doing."

"Are you implying that I lied when I said I had a boyfriend?" I asked.

"You said it," he replied. "Not me."

"I hate to break it to you, mate," interrupted Ambrose. "But she actually does have a boyfriend."

Nick's eyes widened.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. "He is. I actually do have a boyfriend, sorry to disappoint."

"Oh really?" Nick asked. "So, what's his name?"

"It's Harvey," I said, allowing a small smile to creep across my face at the mention of his name.

Nick turned up his nose in disgust at my expression and sighed rather loudly.

"Well whoever this Harry dude is-" he begins.

"Harvey," I corrected as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever," Nick continued. "I bet he couldn't give you everything I could."

"You're right," I retorted. "He gives me MORE than you ever could."

"Ah," he said. "We've got a sassy one on our hands. Keep being you, Spellman, it's hot."

I rolled my eyes and looked at Ambrose, who was thinking the exact same thing I was.

"Well," I said, grabbing my bag and standing up. "It's been... nice talking to you Nick. I'll see you in English."

Ambrose grabbed his things and he gave Nick a nod right before we turned around to walk out of the cafeteria.

"I'll see you in my dreams tonight, baby," he said, winking at me as I walked away. "Tell Harry I say hi!"

Oh my word. He did not...

"It's HARVEY!!" I yelled, annoyed with him calling Harvey the incorrect name just to get a reaction out of me.

I could practically feel Nick smirking from behind me, feeling victorious because he knew he was slowly getting his way by getting in my head and annoying me.

"Ugh," I groaned to Ambrose. "What is his deal?!"

"Well," Ambrose explained. "Nick Scratch is probably the most notoriously promiscuous guy in Baxter High."

"Oh man," I sighed. "He's one of those?"

"Yeah," Ambrose said. "He's one of those. Every girl in school is under his spell and he loves every bit of it."

"I just don't understand why he decided to take interest in me on my first day," I grumbled.

"It's precisely because of that," he explained. "Because it is your first day, and you don't know about his reputation yet."

"Hopefully know that he knows I'm with Harvey he'll leave me alone," I said.

Ambrose started laughing, causing for me to raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Oh cousin," Ambrose laughed. "My poor, sweet, innocent cousin. That's exactly the opposite of what he's going to do."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nick loves the chase," Ambrose explained. "He always has, because things always end up working out for him. He's got some history, and good history at getting what he wants. And I can guarantee that Nicholas Scratch will stop at nothing to get what he wants - especially now- where in this case, what he wants is you. So, buckle up, cousin. This is about to be a really long semester."