harry, harry, harry

NICK

I walked into the cast party slightly confident and genuinely happy to be there. I could tell that tonight was going to be the perfect way to go out on the play's production.

As I made my way toward the bar, I looked around - hoping to see Sabrina across the room. Unfortunately, from the looks of it, she wasn't here yet.

I had one goal in mind tonight - and that was getting Sabrina alone and finally telling her what I was feeling.

After pouring myself a drink, I looked around and saw Sabrina walking in... with fucking Harry.

Are you kidding me?! What kind of terrible luck am I having this week?

I down my entire drink in one gulp, looking at the two of them in disgust.

It's about to be a long night.

****

"Nick," I hear an angelic voice call from behind me.

I turned around to meet those gorgeous eyes, causing my heart to flutter.

"Spellman," I said, taking another drink. "Did you just get here?"

I already knew the answer to that, but I'm not trying to look like an insane stalker over here.

"Yeah," she said. "Harvey and I got here five minutes ago."

Andddd there it is.

"Oh goodie," I snarkily responded, taking another shot.

"Yeah," Sabrina said, smiling. "Tonight is my way of thanking him for protecting me yesterday."

And there's where Sabrina just tore my heart out and threw it on the floor.

I laughed sarcastically and turned to the bar to refill my cup with more liquor.

"Are you okay?" She asked me, genuinely concerned.

"I don't know," I snapped. "Why don't you just go ask Harry, he seems to have all the answers and can give you absolutely everything you need."

"His name is Harvey," she sighed, rubbing her temples slightly in annoyance.

"Your point?" I asked.

"Why do you have such an issue with him?" Sabrina asked. "I don't understand why you have such animosity directed towards him at all times."

I laughed again, taking another shot from my glass. Well, there go my plans for the night.

"Harry, Harry, Harry," I sneered. "It's always about fucking Harry. How he's always there to catch you and always the one you go running to whenever anything goes wrong."

I took another drink and I watched Sabrina scrunch up her nose in disgust. Which honestly, made my stomach fall even farther.

"What is your problem?" Sabrina asked.

"You don't get it," I laughed. "Do you. Nowhere in that pretty little head of yours has any idea of why I feel this way."

I took another shot and looked her dead in the eyes and watched her gulp. My heart softened at her somewhat fearful expression.

"I love you," I cried.

Sabrina's eyes widened and mouth slightly dropped open.

"What?" She whispered, awestruck by the words that just fell out of my mouth.

"I love you, Spellman," I said, standing up from my seat and walking closer to her. "You taught me how to love."

"Nick," she breathed, looking me in the eyes.