jenna

hey guys!!

you're getting an early update because i won't have an ounce of time to write until May 10 once I am finished with my AP exams and regular finals.

i hope you like it and it clears some things up for you.

xoxo

*******************************************

NICK

I walked into drama class, surprisingly excited to be there and anxious to get the day started.

As the bell rang, the rest of the class filed in and we all took our seats and gathered our things.

I looked around the room, wondering where Sabrina was.

She's never late, and not known to just miss class. M

So, it was strange. An uncomfortable and abnormal feeling and vibe.

I didn't like it.

"Ma. Smith?" I asked.

"Yes, Nicholas," Ms. Smith responded.

"Do you know if Sabrina is here today?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not," Ms. Smith said, shaking her head. "She wasn't feeling well today, but will for sure be back tomorrow."

"Okay," I said.

Instead of getting clarity and comfort, I began to get nervous and confused.

Was she okay?

Is she getting cold feet about opening night tomorrow?

Does she not want to be Juliet anymore?

Does she not want to have to kiss me again?

Why is she suddenly gone at the most important time in the semester?

I couldn't fathom an answer to any of these questions, so, I decided to seek out one for myself.

***

As I walked up the steps to Sabrina's front door, I felt my heart to beat faster and faster.

She doesn't know I'm coming over to check on her, and I've never even met her Aunts.

I took a deep breath, attempted to calm myself down and eventually gathered the nerve to knock on the door.

Seconds later, a shorter woman with blonde hair opened the door.

"Oh," she said. "Hello. May we help you?"

I kind of stood there, dumbfounded for a second but eventually regained some confidence.

"Yes," I said. "I'm Nicholas Scratch, a friend of Sabrina's from school. Is she home by chance? I know she wasn't feeling well today and I wanted to check up on her - with opening night of our play being tomorrow and all."

"Oh," she said. "Yes. Um, Sabrina's feeling better, but she's not home right now."

"Oh," I said, defeated. "Okay."

"But," her aunt said. "I know where you can find her."

***

The diner? What on Earth is Sabrina doing there?

As I approached the diner from the side, I saw Sabrina step our... WITH HARRY???

What the hell is he doing here?