opening night

hey y'all!

so instead of studying for my math final, I decided to write this chapter and surprise you guys with an unprecedented update!

enjoy!!

******************************

NICK

I felt myself needing to take many deep breaths in and out to calm my pre-show nerves. It's opening night and truthfully, I've never been more anxious in my entire life.

What if the chemistry Sabrina and I have magically disappears when we get on stage and are in front of hundreds of people?

What if I mess up?

What if I forget all of my lines?

All of these what ifs and more continued to swarm my mind.

Deep breath, Nick, I told myself. It's time to show Baxter High and the entire town of Greendale that there is no better duo than Sabrina and I.

Slowly, my nerves began to fade and my content, calm nature was restored.

Alright, show time.

"Guys," the stage manager yelled. "Sabrina, Nick, you're on in 5! Where is Sabrina?"

Everyone around me shrugged and I felt myself begin to panic.

Oh, please, Sabrina. Don't make me do these scenes with Dorcas!

"No one has seen Sabrina?" I asked, worriedly.

Everyone shook their heads.

"No," said one of the members of the stage crew. "Sorry, Nick."

"Anyone know where she might be?" I asked.

"She could be in her dressing room," someone suggested.

"I'll go check," I said, turning around. "I hope you're right!"

Not a second later, I took off running down the hall towards her dressing room at full speed.

Please let her be in here.

After what felt like years, I finally reached Sabrina's dressing room.

"Sabrina?" I called as I knocked on the door.

No response.

"Spellman?" I asked as I turned the doorknob.

As I looked inside, I saw Sabrina sitting on the floor with her knees all the way to her chest - sporting a rather terrified look on her face.

"You caught me," she said.

"Spellman," I said. "What are you doing? We're on in just a few minutes."

"You see," she said. "That's just the thing. I don't know if I can do this."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "We've been rehearsing for weeks, perfecting every little aspect of each scene. Of course you can do this."

"That's not it," she said. "I-I made the mistake of looking out at the crowd in front of the curtain."

"Oh, Sabrina," I sighed. "You didn't."

"I did," she regretfully sighed. "And it freaked me out. There's a lot of people out there, Nick. What if I mess up? Or forget my lines?"

"You won't," I said. "I know you won't."