Chapter 4: Okay?

-Link-

I opened my eyes and blinked multiple times to focus my vision once again. I slowly got up and stretched my body, I noticed the bed next to me was empty. I suddenly smelled eggs and bacon being cooked and I rubbed my eyes quickly. I got up and looked over to see Pit in the kitchen with an apron on cooking. "Good morning, master. I was just cooking breakfast for you." He spoke as he noticed me. I nodded as I went into the bathroom to clean myself up and changed. As I did all of this, I couldn't help but, remember about what happened yesterday. Dark Pit and Lady Palutena wouldn't stop glaring at me for the rest of the day when I was around Pit. Yet, when they talked with the light angel, they smiled and laughed. Overprotective is definitely a word to describe them now. I got out of the bathroom and saw two plates of eggs and bacon set out on the table. Pit sat there patiently waiting for me but, soon stood up as he saw me at the doorway. I smiled and went over to sit down at the table. We began to eat as soon as I took a seat and I noticed Pit intensely staring at me with worry. "Master, has Dark Pit and Lady Palutena talked with you?" He asked. I chocked on my food as soon as I heard that question, does he know what's going on here? I slowly nodded as I tried to clear my throat and he sighed. "I'm sorry if they aren't acting good to you. Lady Palutena is the Goddess of Light with a lot of responsibility. Not only does she manage to keep the world safe from Hades, but she also has to deal with Goddess of Nature too. As well as humans." Pit explained.

"Humans?" I questioned, getting curious. "Lady Palutena is completely fine with humans after all they honor and praise the Gods and Goddesses. But, she also has to deal with their selfish and harmful wishes and demands too. What's worse is that if any human hurts angel of hers or someone else's, she doesn't take it lightly. She is most likely to execute them or something." Pit explained, hitting his plate with the fork in his hand. "Dark Pit?" I questioned, hoping to get some backstory about his twin.

"Dark Pit came when I shattered the Mirror of Truth. He is supposed to be my deepest desires and wishes. He isn't exactly a copy of me just a twin really. He doesn't trust anyone because he fears to lose his control and freedom to anyone. But, he joined forces with the Goddess of Nature. They both kinda hate humans no matter what so." Pit explained, picking at his food. I sighed as I ate the last bits of the food on my plate as I looked away. "W-Why are they attacking me then?" I asked, pushing my plate aside.

Pit ate his breakfast quickly and collected the two plates to bring to the sink. He looked away with fear as he began to wash the plates with soap and water. "I-I'm not sure, master. You seem like a good person with a good heart and intentions." He replies, looking down. "Anyway, you have a big day today! You are battling against someone for the first time!" Pit exclaimed as he raised one hand up. Which caused soap and water to splash everywhere. "Sorry, I'll clean that up. I'm just so excited for you, I wonder who you'll fight against." He responded, putting the dishes away.

I leaned back in my chair as he got a towel to clean the splashes of water. I smiled as I saw him work hard and got up to walk over to him. Once he was done, I put my hand on his hair and ruffled it. "Good job, Pit. Let's go." I spoke and he looked at me with a small shocked face. His eyes widen at my sudden action and his face blushing with his mouth slightly open, it was just so cute. So adorable and innocent. I think I understand why his Goddess and twin glare at me.

Pit nodded quickly as he took his apron off and picked up on our weapons from a corner. He handed me, my sword and other items that came in handy in battle. He carried his bow in hand as he checked to see if it worked perfectly. Breaking it apart to form two swords and putting it back together to make a bow. It seemed that his weapon worked perfectly. As I walked to the door, he slowly followed afterward. He grabbed the hem of my tunic and I looked down to see how worried he was.

"Pit, are you alright?" I asked, concerned. "I'm worried that Pittoo and Lady Palutena will hurt you when I'm not around." Pit replied, looking away. I sighed and gave him a small smile as I grabbed his hand. I could hear a small gasp come from as his face redden and his eyes widen once again. "Master?" He questioned, not daring to look up. "Is it fine if I hold your hand on our way to our destination? Just so you can better keep an eye on me?" I asked, looking at the door.

"It's okay, Master. We can leave now." He replied, I could tell he was smiling. I opened the door and he closed it as well as lock it. We walked hand in hand to the battlefield just so Pit wouldn't feel worried any longer.

We both ignored the glares from Dark Pit and Lady Palutena.