Chapter 29: Persistent

- Palutena -

"Alright, I'll explain the plan I have in mind quickly!" I exclaimed in between grunts. I had to use some of my strength, energy from my staff and myself to keep this force field up. Yet, it was a hard job to do considering how much damage Dharkon and Galeem were inflicting on it. "Since Lucina said she can handle Dharkon, I'll let her, Chrom, and Robin try to defeat him. Link and I will try to defeat Galeem." I explained, shutting one of my eyes tightly. "Lady Palutena, let me switch with you!" Robin exclaimed and my eyes widen in confusion. "What? Why?" I asked, shutting both of my eyes tightly for a brief moment. Galeem and Dharkon were going to town on my force field which isn't helping at all. "Dark can weaken light for a while and light can weaken dark enough to defeat it," Robin explained, showing his book to me. I looked at it and thought of the outcomes at hand. Chrom, Lucina, and I could easily defeat Dharkon but, Robin and Link...they could weaken Galeem enough for me to intervene and defeat both entities one and for all. Or maybe, I wouldn't have time to intervene and they both could get killed by Galeem. No! I must think positive! I must do it for Dark Pit and Pit! I must save them! I must do it for them! "Okay, let's do it, Robin. Let's switch." I responded as I nodded my head repeatedly. As I was about to let the force field break forcibly, I noticed Robin reassure Chrom and Lucina that he would be okay. I noticed Link stare fondly at Pit with such determination to save him from Galeem after confessing that he let Galeem use him as a vessel.

"You ready?" I asked as I looked at the others. Chrom and Lucina walked over toward me as they stood by either one of my sides. Link and Robin stood back-to-back with one another. They all pulled out their weapons as they nodded to let me know that they were ready. I nodded and I grunted softly as I lifted my arms up high before bringing them back down quickly. The force field immediately broke which sent both entities flying in the air and into nearby rocks. Chrom, Lucina, and I immediately ran over toward Dharkon as the dust from the impact cleared.

I could hear a low growl come from a pile of rocks and I looked around frantically to try to find where it came from. "So, you want to play rough? Let's play rough then, my dears." He replied and we stood back-to-back with one another. I could hear Lucina and Chrom tighten their grips on their sword as I tighten my grip on my staff. "There! The rocks! They are moving!" Lucina exclaimed as she pointed at the pile of rocks. Chrom and I turned around to see that the pile of rocks was, indeed, moving.

"They are..." I mumbled as I lifted up my staff slightly. I will forever thank Viridi for granting me this power, just in case, I needed it for the tournament. I waved my staff in a circle as I replayed the spell over and over again in my head. After doing this for about a minute or so, my staff glowed as the rocks had a glowing outline to them. The rocks slowly lifted themselves up and relocated themselves to other spots in the area. There laid Dharkon, not moving, just lying there as if he was asleep.

"Dark Pit?" Lucina asked and I stared at her in confusion. I looked back at Dharkon to see...Dark Pit, it was regular old Dark Pit. No, it can't be true. It can't be! Dharkon wouldn't let Dark Pit go on such measly attacks and defeats. "It's a trap, isn't it?" Chrom whispered in my ear as he leaned over. I nodded as I gave a dumbfounded look at the scene before me. "Lucina!" Chrom exclaimed which caught me off guard. I followed his eye gaze only to see Lucina walking over to Dharkon or Dark Pit.

"Oh no! Lucina, don't!" I exclaimed as I followed after Chrom. Lucina slowly bent down and stared at Dharkon for a good solid minute. "Lucina, don't!" Chrom mumbled out in an almost menacing tone. "Why not, Father? That's Dark Pit! Let me save him!" She exclaimed as she quickly got back up. I quickly pulled Lucina away from Dharkon yet, she continued to struggle so much to be freed from my grasp. "What was that for?" She asked in an angered tone. "That's not Dark Pit...just wait. Dharkon loves making grand entrances when he introduces himself. He loves teasing people..." I explained as I put an arm in front of Lucina.

Soon enough, I was right. Dharkon slowly lifted themselves up in a zombie-like tone. Chron, Lucina and I cringed at the sight before us as Dharkon continues to lift himself up. Soon enough, Dharkon lifted himself up completely as he popped a few joints in my body. "Gross..." We all mumbled out at the same time. "You'll be saying that for now but, soon, you will be on your knees and begging for mercy to befall on you," Dharkon explained as he walked from the pile of rocks.

Dharkon continues to walk over to us and we continued to walk back. "I just can't wait to defeat you all and conquer my own little world." He replied and I noticed one of his hands was behind him. A surprise attack! I quickly made my shield appeared within a few minutes. The energy ball that he summoned quickly bounced off of the shield and onto Dharkon. "Oh, come on! Now, you're gonna get it! You're all gonna regret it!" Dharkon exclaimed as he shoved Lucina and Chrom to the side to get to me.

"Oh, I already regret doing what I did! I'm sorry, guys!" Lucina exclaimed, loudly. Why didn't Lucina leave him be?