Chapter 11: Timeline Teamwork

-Zelda-

A shield went up immediately around us as the arrow made a noise against it. "Zelda?" Link questioned as he opened of his eyes. "Link, you must not give up so easily. Dark Pit is just like Pit only Pittoo doesn't let you go so easily." I explained, moving my arms downwards and the shield soon followed. "Dark Pit! I will defeat you and bring you back!" I yelled out as got into a fighting pose. The rain still pouring on us, making everything slippery and a little difficult to see. I could hear this controlled Dark Pit let out a laugh. "Link, stay back. This time, let me save you." I spoke, looking back at him. I could heat fast-moving footsteps come close to me and I put a shield up quickly. Just in time as Dark Pit hit his staff against it. I removed the shield which made Dark Pit fall back far. "Zelda, I never saw you try out that move before." Link spoke, amazed. "Fun fact, Link. In Smash Tournament, we can only use specific moved but, when an emergency like this happens. You have to let loose!" I explained, squinting my eyes. I saw Pittoo running toward us in the distance and ready a spell for him. "Now, what was that move the other Zelda used in the last 2 Smash Tournaments?" I mumbled, trying to remember. I could hear Pittoo come close to us by the minute and I closed my eyes for a second. "Zelda!" Link exclaimed as he curled himself into a ball. "Ah, right!" I opened one of my eyes with a smirk as Dark Pit was just a few inches near us. "Din's Fire!" I yelled out as I raised my hand forward. After I yelled that, a fire orb went toward Dark Pit and exploded in his face.

"Wait, is that even a part of your move set?" Link asked, looking at the damage done to Pittoo. "I don't even know, the other Zelda who used to fight here told me about her fighting set. I can't believe it actually worked!" I exclaimed, smiling with a shocked expression. Guessing in the Smash world, old fighting sets can be used. "Cheating, are we?" A voice called out. I looked around noting that the voice isn't one I heard around here. "Who are you?" Link and I asked.

The rain making it still difficult to see where we are or where anyone was. "Definitely someone who follows my fighting set and not uses someone else's." The voice responded. "Princess Zelda." I heard the voice behind, feeling breathing behind me. I was quickly hit kicked behind the back as I was thrown forward and away from an injured Link. I groaned slightly at the pain in my knees as I slowly got up. I heard an arrow being put in place and I set up my shield quickly. An arrow was hit against it then, another, and another. Soon enough, a wave of arrows was hitting my shield.

A shield that was shrinking and getting weaker by the minute. I panicked noting the shield was about to break on impact and I didn't have any knowledge on what happens once it breaks. No one fought with a shield on so far during the tournament. How was I supposed to know? Suddenly, I felt crowded in the small bubble shield and shut my eyes tight. Once the shield broke, I was sent flying into the air and brought back down almost immediately. I got on my knees and held my head tightly. So dizzy.

So harmed. I could barely think straight. My eyesight was a blur but, I could tell something black was coming near me. "Was it he gonna hit me with?" I mumbled. I could only use so many spells on a specific move. Without my eyesight, I can't tell what move he is about to use and I can't know how to defend myself. I gasped as the black approached me quickly and I moved back, forgetting the fact I was still dizzy. I heard a clash and my eyesight started to clear. I saw Dark Pit's staff against Link's sword as he used his shield to seal me away.

"Thank you." I mumbled as I put a hand to my forehead and closed my eyes for a moment. "Of course as a member of a royal guard, I must protect the Princess even if she is not a part of my timeline." He responded, giving me a wink. I giggled until that was ruined by Link falling over. Dark Pit hit his staff against the ground to hit Link but, he managed to dodge it by rolling over. Link held his sword tightly as Dark Pit sent him a glare.

Soon enough, the two were having a sword fight and the clashing of their weapons could be heard. I saw how Link used his shield to defend every hit that almost aimed his body. I saw how Dark Pit never failed to try again to hit Link. Both were equally good at fighting especially at sword fights. All the side effects of the broken shield went away and I got up slowly, not wanting to test if I was really okay. I noticed the two having another duel on whose weapons get thrown away first. Dark Pit won the duel and Link's sword was thrown where I stood.

"No!" I exclaimed as Dark Pit had him pinned down with an arrow to his neck. I quickly grabbed the sword and ran towards Dark Pit. I didn't want to stab him so, I turned the sword around, ignoring the blade sinking into my skin. The other side of the sword hit against Dark Pit's head and he fell to the ground. "Did we win?" Link asked, still shocked at what happened. We soon see a dark orb come out from Pittoo and fly away.

"Yeah, I think we did." I spoke, throwing the sword away. Ignoring the blood drip from my hands.