Chapter 13: Hint Hint

- Dark Pit -

I shift slightly and I open my eyes to see Link and Rosalina talking. I flinch and close my eyes immediately as I slowly turn around. "Hm? Dark Pit? Is he awake?" Link asks, he must have noticed me. "He might be but, whatever the case may be, we should let him rest. He was controlled after all." Rosalina responded. I sigh quietly once I know they aren't interested. I wonder what they're talking about though. "Now, where were we?" She questioned. "I was just asking about Dark Pit and Palutena. Why are they so mean to me?" Link asked, I could his gaze on me. "Well, Palutena is Pit's goddess and Dark Pit is his twin brother. From their view, it's their responsibility to protect him. Especially after that emotional argument." Rosalina explained. So, they're talking about Pit and Link's argument. Why does he care so much? He said what he said. He meant what he meant. "Yeah, but, I don't understand why they are mad! I really don't!" He exclaimed, his voice slightly broken. Is he beginning to cry? "I understand considering you are from a different timeline. But, as I said before, it feels like they must protect him." She replied, trying to reassure Link. He may be from a different timeline but, I'm sure he's lying. "From what?" Link exclaimed. That's where I heard enough and immediately sprang up from my bed. "We're protecting Pit from you, you idiot!" I yelled, my wings stretching out. I hissed from the sudden pain coming from my wings and I pull them back in. "Oh my, Pittoo!" Rosalina exclaimed as she got up from her seat and ran over to me. "Are you okay? Mind if I check your wings?" She questions, putting her hands on my wings. I nod slowly and she begins to slowly stretch out my wings.

I hiss lightly as she tests out the muscles in my wings to see if something broke. I look up to see Link with his back turned but then, he turns around slightly. Once his eyes meet mine, he turns around quickly and I look back at Rosalina. "Hm, it seems like your wings weren't used to that flying you did back there. For now, just don't stretch them out." Rosalina spoke, removing her hands from my wings. "Alright, understandable. Thanks, Rosalina." I responded, giving her a small smile.

"How much did you hear?" Link asked, turning himself around. "I'll leave you two alone to talk." Rosalina responded as she left the room. "I heard enough that made me say what I was protecting Pit from." I replied, sitting up in my bed. "Dark Pit, do you really truly hate me. Do you hate me so much that you want me dead?" Link asked, crossing his arms. I look away from his gaze as he walked towards me. I never really thought about it that way until now, I sigh softly and lay back in bed.

"I don't know. I definitely hate you but, I don't wanna kill you. Especially after helping me get out of that controlled state of mind." I explained, looking up at the ceiling. I could feel Link sit down beside me on the bed. "I see, so, I'm taking that as 80% hate." Link replies and I playfully kick with my knee. "Ow, that hurt," I mumbled while chuckling a bit. "Well, Rosalina did say to rest for a bit." Link replied, chuckling as well. "Okay, nevermind, make it 100% hate." I reassured, laughing. What is going? How did the atmosphere change so quick?

"But, joking aside, why do you hate me?" Link asked, silence once again entering the room. "Well, as Rosalina said, I'm Pit's brother and after what you did at the last tournament. How was I supposed to keep my guard down around you? Knowing you can easily hurt and manipulate someone like Pit." I explained, remembering what happened. I remembered Pit running back to us as we were about to leave. Tears in his eyes as he went over to hug Palutena. I asked what was wrong. He explained everything in that mumbly and teary voice. How heartbreaking it was to hear.

I remembered vowing to myself to never let my guard down around Link. I remembered vowing to avenge Pit somehow in someway. How childish I was. "Well, that 'me' from the last tournament wasn't exactly me. That was Twilight Link, I think. I'm the most recent one. All his memories transferred to me and he returned to normal as if nothing happened at all. Yet, because of my game, I have so much difficulty understanding what's going on here. I can't really be the one to blame about what happened. And I'm not really the one you want to hurt." Link explained, starting at himself from the mirror.

"I guess you make a point but, even so, I still vowed myself to not let my guard down around you." I mumbled, sitting up once again in bed. Link nods slowly as he stands up and walks toward the mirror. He puts a hand on the mirror and sighs as he looks at his reflection. What is he thinking about? I slowly get out of bed as I steady my wings and walk toward him. "What's on your mind now, Link?" I asked, looking at his reflection closely.

Is this how Pit found me in the mirror realm? "Dark Pit, what did I do to Pit? How did I hurt him?" Link asked, looking at my reflection. "Honestly, I wish I could tell but, I believe that's for you to figure out," I answered, looking back at myself. "But, I'll give you a hint to help you," I added which made Link look at me instantly. "Do you have a crush on Pit?" I asked, returning back to my bed. Link blushes as red as a tomato and thinks hard for a minute. "Yes, I believe I do." He replies as I enter into my bed.

"Imagine a confession in the worst possible way and bingo." I replied, laying down.