Chapter 27: Standing Up For Ourselves

- 3rd Person -

"What was that? Do you dare test us? Together? Ha! I have to laugh!" Dharkon exclaimed as he noticed the sudden fear that was on Palutena's and Link's face. "It seems they regret what they said but, they haven't felt true regret. So, I believe it's best to teach them how it feels." Galeem suggested as he looked at the other entity. "Oh! What fun! Please, do!" Dharkon responded with a huge smirk on his face. "Palutena...have you figured out where your staff is?" Link asked, stuttering in between his words. They both backed up against the rock they hid behind as Dharkon and Galeem began to summon their powers. Dharkon summoned multiple balls of dark energy that seemed to hold a lot of energy due to its large size. Galeem summoned many strings of light, each one longer than the last. "I'll be honest with you, I don't actually have a clue where it could be..." Palutena replied, hesitantly. Link snapped a glare of confusion and anger as Palutena held a stare of just fear. "What do you mean? You were so confident before!" Link exclaimed, fearfully. "Yes, well, I just realized that I don't actually have a single clue where my staff might be," Palutena explained as an awkward chuckle followed after. "I'm sorry about that." She mumbled as they both hit the wall. They could see the growing grins of the entities as their power continued to grow in size and numbers. "We should have thought of a different plan..." Link mumbled as his eyes widen. The entities were so close and they felt the need to close their eyes tightly. So, they did and they felt the entities raise their hands to unleash whatever power they had onto the two. Yet, before that could happen, something else happened.

"Looking for a missing staff?" Someone exclaimed and all four of them looked in the direction of the voice. Yet, no one was there. Dharkon growled and looked around the area while Galeem narrowed his eyes. "No one is here or there!" Dharkon exclaimed as he returned to the Light entity. "Perhaps you should get your eyes checked then." Someone suggested. "Ark thunder!" Another voice exclaimed before Dharkon and Galeem were hit by two bolts of thunder. Palutena quickly wrapped her arms around Link as they tried to avoid the dust and pebbles from the impact.

Once they were sure that the damage was over, they opened their eyes to look around. Suddenly, something hit the ground in front of them and they both looked up instantly. "Palutena, you must fight back if you don't want to lose your items." A female voice spoke. "Lucina?" Palutena questioned, her eyes widen and a big smile appeared on her face. "Greetings, Lady Palutena and Link, it is indeed, I, Lucina. And I hope you don't mind that I brought my parents for extra help," Lucina responded as she moved to the side. There stood Chrom and Robin as they smiled at one another after what they did together.

"Robin, Chrom, Lucina! We are so glad you are here! Though, not to complain, it would nice if you were here earlier." Link suggested, shyly as he smiled. "Oh, shush. Just be glad that we saved you back there." Robin responded, brushing off dirt from his clothes. "Now, now, dear, just be happy that we are here with them again," Chrom spoke as he ruffled Robin's hair. "It's okay, I'm just glad you are all here once again. Though, how long will Dharkon and Galeem stay down?" Link asked, looking over their shoulders.

"Ark Thunder won't affect entities like those for so long. So, we must plan out immediately." Robin replied. "Your staff, my lady," Lucina spoke as she handed Palutena's staff to Palutena. "Thank you, my dear," Palutena spoke as she grabbed her staff and held it tightly. "Oh, my beautiful staff, together once again." She mumbled under her breath as she tapped the staff against the ground lightly. "So, what is the plan?" Robin asked, interrupting Palutena. "Ah, right. I've seen something like this before. The person was corrupted yet, they were saved by someone who was dear to them. Someone that they loved and would never want to hurt." Palutena explained as she showed images to them from her staff.

It showed a person with red eyes hurting people and destroying buildings. That is until another person showed up and the person with red eyes looked over to them. Their red eyes disappeared and the image disappeared. "So, love will save Pit and Dark Pit from Dharkon and Galeem?" Chrom asking for clarification. "Yes, exactly. I have an idea who Pit wouldn't hurt but, I'm not sure about Dark Pit. He isn't really open about himself." Palutena responded.

"I think I have an idea on who Dark Pit won't hurt," Lucina spoke, looking down with a slight blush on her face. "Oh? Who would that be?" Link asked, noticing the small blush. "I can't say besides trouble is starting again," Lucina replied as she looked at the two entities who were slowly rising up again. "Link, here! Get ready!" Lucina exclaimed as she handed Link his gear. Link managed to grab his sword and shield without hesitation then, he went into a fighting stance along with the others. Dharkon and Galeem slowly rose up into the sky with a glare lasered right onto the five.

"So, you're just dying for a fight, aren't you?" Dharkon asked, menacingly. "Face it, Dharkon and Galeem! Your kind has no right to be here in this world! We will defeat you and save this world from your destruction!" Palutena yelled out as she pointed her staff at them. Galeem began to laugh out loud and Dharkon soon followed after. "I'd like to see you try. Even with your weapons and abilities, nothing will stop me from continuing my plan to destroy and control this world entirely." Galeem responded with a smirk.

"Well then, with pleasure." Link mumbled, a sudden urge to save Pit growing.

[A/N: Please, read my newest chapter of my random, it is important and explains my out-of-whack writing/updating schedule. Other than that, thank you for reading this!]