Chapter 6: Lord Vader (4/10/19)

"We have arrived," that was the first thing the Seventh Sister had said since they jumped into lightspeed a couple hours ago.

Ezra had fallen asleep during the long ride through lightspeed with Sabine by his side. The ride had been silent besides the quiet, steady breathing of Ezra's soft snores of sleep. The Seventh Sister had not spoken once, which had surprised Sabine since she had been so talkative back in the medical base.

Sabine didn't get scared often, but she would rather meet Lord Vader with Ezra awake by her side. Sabine looked to him and shook his shoulder gently.

"Ezra, wake up," she whispered.

The Seventh Sister waited patiently as her fighter was pulled into the star destroyer with the tractor beam. Ezra opened his eyes and blinked a couple times repetitively before lifting his head and looking around.

"Where are we?" his voice raspy from his nap.

"We are landing on Vader's star destroyer," Sabine explained.

"Any sign of Kanan?"

Sabine didn't have to answer him, because Ezra saw the answer written on her disappointed face. She looked away, back towards where they were being pulled into the belly of the beast. Ezra suddenly shivered and curled up within himself.

"What is it?" Sabine asked, concerned.

"The cold," Ezra mumbled, "It is everywhere, all at once," he seemed to be grasping for something he could not find. Sabine tried her best to comfort him.

"That would be the feeling of fear, my boy," the inquisitor said and replaced the mask over her face with the press of a button, "It will soon consume you, and you will have no choice but to join Lord Vader,"

"What? Why do you think I would ever join you and your band of bullies?"

"Oh, I know you wouldn't voluntarily, but Lord Vader has his ways," the soft feminine laugh of the enemy was not comforting.

Ezra and Sabine made worried eye contact as the fighter jostled by the instant, force controlled landing from the tractor beam. The Seventh Sister stood and opened the back door to the shuttle. Instant stormtroopers came to her aid and surrounded the base of the TYE fighter. There were at least twenty of them! Even if Ezra and Sabine wanted to fight, they couldn't. There were simply too many without the help of their weapons that had been stolen hours ago by the Seventh Sister. She had taken Ezra's lightsaber, Sabine's blasters, and detonators that she had been carrying on her body in various places.

The prisoners stood after being unbound from the wall of the shuttle. Then they were pushed out of the shuttle by two stormtroopers with blasters already at their backs. Ezra had been captured more times than he could count, but this time would go at the top of his list for most life threatening. He had never been captured by an inquisitor before and then brought to a sith lord. To be honest with himself, he was frightened for what the future held. He hoped Kanan and the crew would find them before it was too late.

"I said move," the stormtrooper jammed his blaster into Ezra's back, which made him stumble forward awkwardly.

Sabine gave him a look that told him to stay in the present. They could not afford to give the Imperials any more reasons to hate them in their current dangerous situation. The Seventh Sister led the way through the hanger of the star destroyer. It was massive and took up lots of space in the already enormous star destroyer. Ezra and Sabine walked behind the inquisitor with the two stormtroopers at their backs. As for the remaining troopers, some stood guard at the inquisitors TYE fighter, while the majority surrounded the prisoners.