Chapter 2: Grand Inquisitor 8/31/19

Ezra marched through Lothal with his hands secure behind his back. The Stormtroopers had not placed binders on his wrists, but one of them stayed in position behind him, holding his arms in place. It was almost worse than if they would have just bound his hands together behind his back and let him walk by himself without an escort.

"Stop stumbling," the stormtrooper behind him stated, not too kindly.

"It's kinda hard with you so close to me," Ezra mumbled.

"Don't talk back to an Imperial officer,"

Ezra made a face of disgust as they kept walking. Soon, they made it to an Imperial Trooper Transport vehicle. His escorts forced him up the stairs of the transport and shoved him into a room in the back. He clambered to the floor, in a pile before about nine other children his age; boys and girls. He quickly got to his feet, but was too late. The stormtroopers had already closed and locked the door behind him.

Ezra turned back around and looked at all the children who were staring at him. About a third of the kids were on the ground crying, while the rest looked equally confused and tired. Who knew how long those kids had been waiting inside the transport. It was still early in the morning too; the sun had barely risen.

Nobody said a word as Ezra placed himself in one of the unoccupied corners of the small room. He was still receiving multiple stares, but ignored them and closed his eyes instead. He had to think.

Over the course of another hour or so, many more kids were dumped harshly in the back of the Imperial transport vehicle. Each one of them looked around frightened at the other kids and then whirled back around to the already shut and locked door. Ezra had counted and there were exactly 23 kids, including himself in the small room.

The last kid they had dropped off was a tough looking boy who had been wrestling with two stormtroopers as they had deposited him off into the room. He growled in frustration as the Imperials won him over as they slammed the door. Nobody had said a word since Ezra had been dumped in the room, other than soft sobs, bored groans, and sighs of annoyance.

Finally, the Imperials seemed to be done with the side of the city and were now turning towards their base. Ezra wasn't sure how he knew, but he could somehow feel like they were entering the jaws of the enemy. The shuttle stopped and the kids all started moving around and mumbling to themselves. Some were asking what was happening while others just looked around in confusion. Ezra had neither of those reactions. He placed himself in the middle of the room and waited bravely for the doors to open.

Two stormtroopers appeared at the door.

"Move out!" he called as he grabbed Ezra by the arm and hustled him out of the small confinement area and into the Imperial shuttle. Then Ezra stumbled out of the vehicle and into a large room with many Imperial machines and technology. He believed he was standing in the Academy were young children were taught to be stormtroopers. Last he had heard, kids were supposed to sign up to be a part of the Imperial Justice, not forced to by the Empire's hand.

All the kids followed behind him, one by one out of the Imperial vehicle. Ezra was first in line to be led by a lieutenant through the large room and into a hallway. Not one word had been spoken yet by either the kids are the lieutenant leading the way. The man was tall and wore the typical grey lieutenant outfit. His hands were stationed firmly behind his back and he seemed to stand a little straighter every time he past another Imperial of higher ranking.

Ezra was surprised the lieutenant leading them wasn't the well-known Aresko, Grint, or Lyste. He was also glad for it too because all of them knew his face and all of them knew he was a street rat. He had been chased by all three before, but never been caught of course. It was safe to say he hadn't been recognized yet, but that would soon be foiled if he ran into an unlucky Imperial who knew his orphaned face from the streets.

"Are we prisoners?" a boy asked boldly. Ezra recognized him as the last child the stormtroopers had stolen from his home. That is exactly what they had done, Ezra thought, kidnapped.

"Exactly opposite, young man," the tall, slender lieutenant responded, "All of you are to be enlisted in the Imperial Academy for children,"

"I didn't sign up," a girl announced.

"Me either," another girl stated.

The man was silent until all 23 kids were led to a room with a desk at the center and nothing else. Ezra suddenly felt like his mind had been stabbed and he felt nauseous. He scanned the room and his eyes landed on a very tall figure with a bald, gray head, and black and gray jumpsuit. The man was looking out a large window that covered almost the entire wall. Ezra touched his forehead to steady himself.

"Children, meet the Grand Inquisitor," the lieutenant nervously stated to the group, "Here is the batch of children from street 1-0-14-78," he then said to the tall figure.

The bald man turned around, and to Ezra's shock he noticed that he was not a man at all. He was some kind of creature with deadly looking skin and yellow eyes. Ezra was taken aback when the creature smiled, revealing sharp needle like teeth.

"Welcome to the Academy," the thing said in a strongly deep voice.

Some of the kids gasped behind Ezra, and he looked away from the Grand Inquisitor

Some of the kids gasped behind Ezra, and he looked away from the Grand Inquisitor. He had never heard of such a thing, but he did remember the recent uproar in Capital City a couple days ago. Ezra had got word that there had apparently been a sighting of a new model of a TIE Defender that had landed close to the Imperial Academy. Ezra was sure this was the creature that had flown it.

"All of you, along with many others, will be trained," he continued, "Trained to fight against the traitorous rebels while serving your Empire,"

There was no response from the children and the lieutenant noticeably gulped and shifted uncomfortably under the Inquisitor's watchful gaze.

"Go now, lieutenant, and show them their corridors. I will speak to each of them individually once you have done so," the Grand Inquisitor stated, "And do hurry. I am most eager to meet each and every one of you," his eyes swept over all the children, landing on Ezra's last and lingering there.

The creature gave a smile that not only frightened Ezra and the rest of the kids, but the lieutenant as well.

"Sir, yes, sir," the lieutenant stated, "It will be done with uttermost urgency,"

The lieutenant ushered the kids out of the room and started leading them down the same hallway in which they had come. Ezra broke eye contact with the creature and turned to follow the other kids. He didn't like the way the Inquisitor had locked eyes with him, and only him. Did he somehow recognize me? Ezra wondered.

As Ezra left the room, he could still feel the evil, yellow eyes of the Grand Inquisitor pelting his back.

A/N: I really liked the Grand Inquisitor in Star Wars Rebels! He was such an interesting character and I really liked the episode that explained his back story. So interesting! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment! :D